Brighton Institute of Modern Music
|BIMM Group: Brighton, Bristol, Dublin, Manchester and Tech Music School, London.|
|Type||Higher Education & Further Education Modern Music College|
|Location||Brighton, Bristol, Dublin, Manchester, London, UK and Republic of Ireland|
|Website||http://www.bimm.co.uk and http://www.techmusicschool.co.uk|
BIMM Group is a group of five independent colleges with over 3,500 students that specialise in the provision of British & Irish Modern Music education in Brighton, Bristol, Dublin, Manchester and London. All Colleges focus on full-time Further and Higher Education courses in guitar, drums, bass, songwriting, vocals, music production, music business, event management, live sound & tour management and music teacher training.
According to BIMM's website BIMM Brighton was established in 2001 and BIMM Bristol opened in 2008. According to their website in 2010, BIMM Group acquired Tech Music School London (TMS) and in 2011 BIMM Dublin opened and in 2013 the group opened BIMM Manchester.
According to BIMM's website in all Higher Education undergraduate courses at BIMM Brighton and BIMM Manchester are validated by the University of Sussex and Post-graduate courses by Middlesex University. Additionally, all level 3 Diploma provision is validated by Edexcel or Rockschool.
According to BIMM's website in all Higher Education courses at BIMM Bristol are validated by Bath Spa University and BIMM Dublin courses are validated by Dublin Institute of Technology. Tech Music School undergraduate provision is validated by University of West London and level 3 Diploma provision is validated by Edexcel.
In January 2012 Adam Carswell was appointed as Managing Director, to lead the management team of Vaseema Hamilton (Principal BIMM Brighton, Bristol & Manchester), Dara Kilkenny (Principal BIMM Dublin) and Andrew Bates (Principal Tech Music School, London).
In mid 2012 the group appointed Tony Wadsworth CBE (who was head of EMI 1998 - 2008 and is the current Chairman of the BPI) and Richard Wheatly, media entrepreneur and current chairman of JazzFM(UK) as Non Executive Directors.
In October 2012 the Group appointed a new Finance Director, Nick Frogbrook, and Marketing Director, David O'Connor.
Course & Accreditations
The BIMM Group of colleges offer a range of level 3 Diploma qualifications regulated by Edexcel and Rockschool. Higher Education Qualifications include, Cert HE, Foundation Degree in Professional Musicianship, BA (Hons) in Professional Musicianship, and at Tech Music School they additionally offer BMus Popular Music Performance and BA (Hons) Creative Muscianship.
- Tom Odell, Artist
- The Kooks, Artists
- Dani Wilde, Artist
- Ben Thomson Two Door Cinema Club, Artist
- Adam Pitts Lawson, Artist
- Luke Sital-Singh, Artist
- Sam Kelly, Artist
- Chloe Du Pre, Artist - Nicole Scherzinger, Cee Lo Green
- Alice Shaw, Artist - Carley Rae Jepson, Darren Hayes
- Ryan O'Shaughnessy, Artist
- Benjamin Morgan, Artist - Ladyhawke
- Beth Rowley, Artist
- Morning Parade, Artists
- James Meadows, Product Manager - Universal Music Group
- Ed Cox, Label Manager - Mike Stock
- Jason King, Artist - The Gypsy Queens
- The Xcerts, Artists
- Kate Walsh, Artist
- Natasha Bent, Booking Agent - The Agency Group
- Jordan Whitmore, A&R - Atlantic Records
Tech Music School
- Sandy Beales / Dan Richards: One Direction
- Phil Simmonds: Jessie J, Plan B, Leona Lewis
- Ash Soan: Adele, Olly Murs, Leona Lewis, Nelly Furtado, Boyzone, Cee Lo Green, Ronan Keating, Seal, Producers
- Vicky Warwick: Cee Lo Green
- Nathan Curran: Basement Jaxx
- Marina Diamandis: Marina & the Diamonds
- Phil Selway: Radiohead
- Ed Drewett: Solo
- Julien Brown: Massive Attack, A1, Will Young, Kylie Minogue, Mariah Carey
- Phil Short: Chip (rapper) formerly known as Chipmunk
- Luke Harris: Wretch 32
- Luke Bullen: KT Tunstall, Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros
- Pascal Consoli: Björk
- Jason Cooper: The Cure
- Doug Fink: Noah and the Whale
- Graham Godfrey: Soweto Kinch, Gabrielle
- Carlos Hercules: George Michael, Beverley Knight
- Sebastian Steinberg: Lily Allen
- Simon Tellier: Tinchy Stryder
- "About BIMM Music College". Brighton Institute of Modern Music. Retrieved 24 June 2013. "We're delighted to be bringing our unique music education offer to Manchester from 2013."
- "Review for Educational Oversight: Tech Music School, November 2012". Qaa.ac.uk. 7 February 2013. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "BIMM, Brighton and Bristol". Qaa.ac.uk. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "Course Specifications | Brighton". BIMM. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "Course Specifications | Bristol". BIMM. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "Music Courses & Degrees available at BIMM Music College | Dublin". BIMM. 21 June 2013. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "The University of West London develops further connections with premier music provider | University of West London". Uwl.ac.uk. 19 July 2012. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "Sovereign invests £10m in BIMM". unquote.com. 6 April 2010. Retrieved 25 August 2013.