||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2012)|
|Key people||Chris Tanner (founder),
Andrew Mulvenna (founder),
Salman Malik (CEO)
Brightpearl is a cloud-based business management application that incorporates inventory, accounting, CRM, POS and ecommerce. Developed and run in Bristol, UK, with offices in San Francisco. The company is privately owned and funded by Eden Ventures and Notion Capital, a venture capital fund begun by the founders of MessageLabs. Former BBC Dragons' Den investor Doug Richard is an adviser and board member.
Brightpearl grew out of founder Chris Tanner’s prior business, Lush Longboards, when Chris brought to market the software he had written to run Lush’s sales and operations (including its ecommerce website) under the name Pearl Software. Pearl software took on its first customer (outside of Lush) in 2008. By late 2009, the company had over 100 paying customers.
Pearl was renamed Brightpearl in early 2010, about the same time that the company took in its first outside investor, Eden Ventures. Eden was later joined by Notion Capital as investors in Brightpearl.
By late 2011, the company had seen over 6,000 companies sign up to use its cloud-based business management platform.
Brightpearl version 3 (early 2011) represented a significant enhancement of the company’s inventory management features.
Brightpearl 4 was released in September 2011 and significantly changed the user interface.
Brightpearl Raises $8 Million Series B For Its Cloud Software To Help Retailers Manage Sales Across Multiple Channels. (May 2013)
Brightpearl is a SaaS based business software system that integrates a range of different business functions including accounting, CRM, inventory management, ecommerce, projects, helpdesk, POS, purchasing, and sales order management.
They also provide functionality for businesses to connect with eBay, Magento, Amazon, Shopify, Bigcommerce, I-Fulfilment, ekmPowershop, Google calendar and apps, and MailChimp. As well as number of payment providers including Paypal, Sagepay, SecureTrading and WorldPay.
The Brightpearl to Magento integration allows you to host your webstore with Magento but to manage your inventory and sales in Brightpearl! Product information will be pushed from Brightpearl, Orders and Customers will be downloaded from Magento, and Order shipments will be pushed back into your Magento system.
- "Brightpearl secures $1.5m funding from Eden Ventures and Notion Capital". Eden Ventures.
- "Brightpearl Board Members". Brightpearl.
- "In Business: Chips Off The Old Block". BBC.
- "Bristol business software start up attracts Silicon Valley veteran". Telegraph.
- "From Silicon Valley to Silicon Britain". FT.
- "Brightpearl Raises $8 Million Series B For Its Cloud Software To Help Retailers Manage Sales Across Multiple Channels". Techcrunch.
- Brightpearl company website
- The Five Hottest Internet Startups | Management Today article
- Brightpearl aims for the big league | AccountingWeb article
- Brightpearl get backing | Insider Media article
- The Need for Seed | Growing Business article
- Brightpearl scores further $5m from Notion and Eden for its cloud-based solution for SMEs| Techcrunch
- Brightpearl Raises $8 Million Series B For Its Cloud Software To Help Retailers Manage Sales Across Multiple Channels