Brigitte L. Nacos
She is a joint author of a paper, "Prevention of Terrorism in Post-9/11 America" which was delivered at the Summer 2006 meeting of the American Political Science Association; the paper addresses the correlation between increases in terrorism alert levels and the popularity of U.S. President George W. Bush. Referring to her study of terrorism alerts, media coverage, and Bush's popularity, journalist Matthew Stannard wrote in the San Francisco Chronicle that "The media will repeat the president's remarks. Public fear of terrorism will increase. And the president's poll numbers will rise."
- The Press. New York, Columbia University Press. 1990. ISBN 0-231-07064-0
- Terrorism and the Media. New York, Columbia University Press, 1996, rev. 2nd ed. ISBN 0-231-10015-9
- From Bonn to Berlin. Lewis J. Edinger and Brigitte L. Nacos. New York, Columbia University Press, 1998. ISBN 0-231-08412-9
- Decisionmaking in a Glass House: Mass Media, Public Opinion, and American and European Foreign Policy in the 21st Century. Brigitte L. Nacos, and others, editors. London, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc. 2000. ISBN 0-8476-9827-0
- Mass Mediated Terrorism: The Central Role of the Media in Terrorism and Counterterrorism. London: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc. 2002. ISBN 0-7425-1083-2
- Terrorism and Counterterrorism: Understanding Threats and Responses in the Post-9/11 World (Penguin Academics Series). New York: Penguin, 2005. ISBN 0-321-16414-8
- Fueling Our Fears: Stereotyping, Media Coverage, and Public Opinion of Muslim Americans. London: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc. 2006. ISBN 0-7425-3984-9
- Nacos, Brigitte; Yaeli Bloch-Elkon; Robert Shapiro (2006). Prevention of Terrorism in Post-9/11 America: News Coverage, Public Perceptions, and the Politics of Homeland Security Policy. Conference Paper/Unpublished Manuscript. Available in PDF.
- University directory entry
- Stannard, Matthew (September 7, 2006). "Bush's Tactics Aid the Terrorists". San Francisco Chronicle.
- German model
- Mass media and public opinion
- Media influence
- Politics of Germany
- Public opinion
- Theories of political behavior
|This biography of a political scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|