12 October 1955 |
|Other names||Brigitte Simonin, Fanny, Brigitte Bordeaux, Brigitte Lahaye, Brigitte Van Meerhaegue|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||120 lb (54 kg; 8.6 st)|
|No. of adult films||116 (per IMDb)|
Brigitte Lahaie (born on 12 October 1955) is a radio talk show host, actress and former pornographic actress from France. She began her career at age 15 with a minor role in Africa Erotica (1970) and performed in pornographic films from 1976 through 1980.
Early life and background
Brigitte Lahaie was born in Tourcoing, France.
Jean Rollin, who directed her in a porn film, wanted to give her an opportunity to work in mainstream films. He offered her a part in Les Raisins de la Mort, the first gore film produced in France, with Marie-Georges Pascal in the leading role. The director appreciated Lahaie's performance and made her the protagonist of his next film, Fascination, in 1979.
In 1980, at the height of her popularity, she decided to put an end to her hardcore career and appear in more traditional films, such as I as in Icarus (1980, with Yves Montand) in which she played a stripper, and Pour la peau d'un flic (1981, with Alain Delon) in which she played a nurse. However, she also made some softcore and Nazi exploitation "video nasties" during this time.
Brigitte also recorded and released the single Caresse tendresse, in an effort to start a singing career. She met with neither commercial nor critical success.
She is now the host, on RMC Info, of Lahaie, l'Amour et Vous. The show airs daily, from 14:00 to 16:00, and mostly deals with topics of love and sexual relations. She is also a hostess on a French X-rated TV cable-channel talk show.
- Parties fines, aka Education of the Baroness (1977): Gérard Kikoïne's first film launched Lahaie's adult film career.
- Belles d'un soir: A cult film with three famous 1970s actresses: Brigitte Lahaie, Véronique Maugarsky and Martine Grimaud.
- Gefangene Frauen (1980): A women in prison film with cult legend Karin Gambier as the warden who forces inmates to remain nude at all times.
- Parties de chasse en Sologne: Profitable film made at the end of the 1970s.
- Je suis à prendre: A cult film about the French adult film scene.
- La clinique des phantasmes: Gérard Kikoïne film, caused a sensation when released in 1981.
- Les petites écolières: Frédéric Lansac film, Brigitte Lahaie's last adult film.
- Entre aussi par Derriere
- Brigitte Lahaie: Moi, la scandaleuse (Filipacchi/J'ai Lu, France 1987) (autobiography) ISBN 2-277-22362-X
- Brigitte Lahaie: Le zodiaque érotique (Ergo Press, France 1989). ISBN 2-7395-0026-2
- Brigitte Lahaie: La femme modèle (J'ai Lu, France 1990) (novel) ISBN 2-277-23102-9
- Brigitte Lahaie: Les sens de la vie (Michel Lafon/J'ai Lu, France 1994) (novel) ISBN 2-277-23916-X
- Brigitte Lahaie: La sexe défendu (Michel Lafon, France 1996) ISBN 2-84098-169-6
- Claude Alexandre & Pierre Bourgeade: Brigitte Lahaie (La Musardine, France 1999) ISBN 2-84271-032-0
- Lucas Balbo: Brigitte Lahaie - Behind the Bush (Media Publications, England 1996?).
- Nicolas Barbano: Verdens 25 hotteste pornostjerner (Rosinante, Denmark 1999) ISBN 87-7357-961-0: Features a chapter on Lahaie.
- Official website (French)
- Official blog (French)
- Official blog (French)
- Brigitte Lahaie at the Internet Movie Database
- Brigitte Lahaie at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Brigitte Lahaie at the European Girls Adult Film Database
- Brigitte Lahaie at the Adult Film Database