Brimfield State Forest
|Brimfield State Forest|
|Massachusetts State Forest|
Dean Pond Recreation Area
|Towns||Brimfield, Monson, Wales|
|Elevation||978 ft (298 m) |
|Management||Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation|
|For public||closed down 2013|
|Website: Brimfield State Forest|
Brimfield State Forest is a Massachusetts state forest located in and around the town of Brimfield in Hampden County, Massachusetts. The forest includes Dean Pond Recreation Area, a popular spot for fishing, picnicking and swimming. The park is managed by the Department of Conservation and Recreation.
Activities and amenities
- Trails: Over 20 miles (32 km) of roads and trails are used for hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, and cross-country skiing.
- Day-use area: Dean Pond Recreation Area offers a 100-foot-long (30 m) swimming beach, picnic grounds, and fully accessible restrooms.
- The forest also offers fishing and restricted hunting.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Brimfield State Forest
- "Brimfield State Forest". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Department of Conservation and Recreation. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Brimfield State Forest Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Brimfield State Forest Trail Map Department of Conservation and Recreation