Brin-Jonathan Butler (born 1979) is a freelance journalist, Amazon interviewer, and award-winning documentary filmmaker. His work has been published in The Classical, The Rumpus, Harper's, The Daily Beast, Vice, ESPN The Magazine, and Salon.com. His book A Cuban Boxer's Journey: Guillermo Rigondeaux, from Castro’s Traitor to American Champion was published by Picador in June 2014. The Domino Diaries will be published in June 2015. Some of the notable subjects Butler has interviewed in his career include Slavoj Zizek, Gay Talese, Lance Armstrong, Mike Tyson, Gregorio Fuentes, Errol Morris, and Don King.
Butler has a forthcoming documentary film, Split-Decision, which is a cautionary examination of Cuban-American relations, and the economic and cultural paradoxes that have shaped those relations since Fidel Castro’s revolution, through personal stories and interviews with the world’s most famous contemporary Cuban boxers (Teofilo Stevenson, Felix Savon, Guillermo Rigondeaux) and international authorities on Cuba in addition to journalists, Steve Fainaru, Ann Louise Bardach, Carlos Eire, Leon Gast), and other boxing figures (Larry Merchant, George Foreman, Ronnie Shields, Bob Arum, Freddie Roach). The film also contains the last known interview of 3 time Olympic gold medalist, Teofilo Stevenson before his passing on June 11, 2012.
Picador USA is publishing two books by Brin in June of 2014 and 2015: A Cuban Boxer's Journey, a biography on Guillermo Rigondeaux, and The Domino Diaries, a memoir of time in Cuba living and training with Olympic boxing coaches.
- What More Could Have Angulo Given Us? 
- Donaire-Rigondeaux Full of Promises 
- This Way Out: Inside the High Paced Underground Economy of Smuggling Champion Boxers 
- Donaire-Rigondeaux Full of Promise 
- Requiem for a Welterweight 
- Training Pampered Motherfuckers: Eric Kelly Schools the 1% 
- Gold in the Mud 
- Hero's for Sale: The Agony of the Cuban Athlete 
- After the Fall: 25 Years after Mike Tyson lost to Buster Douglas, why do we still have sympathy for the devil? 
- "Mayweather vs Pacquiao: The Poison Oasis" 
- The Horrors of Staying in Touch on Facebook 
- Hurricane Carter's Obituary
- "The Happiest Man in the World". theclassical.org.
- "Tourist Information". The Rumpus.net.
- "Brin-Jonathan Butler's Sportswriter Profile". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- S.L. Price
- "Amazon.com: A Cuban Boxer's Journey: Guillermo Rigondeaux, from Castro's Traitor to American Champion (Kindle Single) eBook: Brin-Jonathan Butler: Kindle Store". amazon.com.
- "Amazon.com: The Domino Diaries: My Decade Boxing with Olympic Champions and Chasing Hemingway's Ghost in the Last Days of Castro's Cuba (9781250043702): Brin-Jonathan Butler: Books". amazon.com.
- "What more could Angulo have given us?". ESPN.com.
- "Nonito Donaire-Guillermo Rigondeaux promises all fans want in a fight". ESPN.com.
- "The high-priced underground economy of smuggling champion Cuban boxers - ESPN The Magazine". ESPN.com.
- Brin-Jonathan Butler. "Sparring with Mike Tyson". salon.com.
- Brin-Jonathan Butler. "The way we left Cuba". salon.com.
- Brin-Jonathan Butler. "Cuba’s forgotten champ". salon.com.
- Brin-Jonathan Butler. "Requiem for a welterweight". SBNation.com. Vox Media.
- Brin-Jonathan Butler. "Training pampered motherf---ers". SBNation.com. Vox Media.
- Brin-Jonathan Butler and Kurt Emhoff. "Gold In the Mud". SBNation.com. Vox Media.
- Brin-Jonathan Butler. "Héroes for Sale". SBNation.com. Vox Media.
- Brin-Jonathan Butler. "After the Fall". SBNation.com. Vox Media.
- sbnation. com/a/pacquiao-mayweather-fight
- "The Horrors of Staying in Touch on Facebook". VICE.