Bring You Back
|Bring You Back|
|Studio album by Brett Eldredge|
|Released||August 6, 2013|
|Producer||Ross Copperman, Brad Crisler, Chris DeStefano, Brett Eldredge, Byron Gallimore, Scott Hendricks, Luke Laird|
|Singles from Bring You Back|
Bring You Back is the debut studio album by American country music artist Brett Eldredge. It was released on August 6, 2013 by Atlantic Nashville. The album includes Eldredge's debut single, "Raymond", his second single, "Don't Ya", and his third single "Beat of the Music", the latter of which has reached Number One on the Country Airplay chart. The album has gained critical acclaim by music critics.
Brett Eldredge stated that the last song "Go On Without Me" was written in memoriam about Lindsay Nicole Walleman, the Manager of Midwest/Northeast Promotions, W.A.R. Team at Warner Music Nashville, after she died of cancer in 2013. In addition, Eldredge noted that Walleman was "'one of the people who were fighting for me to get on the radio'", and he told that "'When the label heard this song, they agreed that we were finishing the album with it.'"
|Got Country Online|||
|Taste of Country|||
Bring You Back garnered critical acclaim from the six music critics to review the album. At Allmusic, Stephen Thomas Erlewine highlighted that the release is "crisp, chipper, and eager to please, an album that cheerfully checks off every box on contemporary country radio." In addition, Erlewine noted that "everything" contained on the effort "is shiny, happy country-pop -- even the ballads feel bright -- but that's the appeal of Eldredge and his debut: everybody involved worked hard to deliver a piece of gleaming modern country product, and it's hard to resist all that impeccable craft." Giving it a "B+", Bob Paxman of Country Weekly described Eldredge's voice as "soulful", comparing his delivery on "Waited Too Long" and the title track favorably to Travis Tritt. He wrote that some of the songs "travel down the often-trod pavement of small-town odes[…]But never do they sound contrived or overly sentimental". However, he called "On and On" and "Beat of the Music" "ordinary".
Markos Papadatos of Digital Journal told that everyone of the "songs on here are flawless and they each have their own identities", which they are " not overdone or overproduced", and the tracks are "well-written and sung from the heart." Additionally, Papadatos stated that "if a baseball analogy were used to describe the excellence of this album, it is safe to say that Brett has hit a grand slam with 'Bring You Back.'" Got Country Online's Donna Block noted that "just as his music covers many genres, the songs on his album will touch a wide range of emotions." At Roughstock, Dan MacIntosh felt that "maybe it's this album's overall sonic warmth that makes it feel undeniably Country, even without many of the more obvious aural clues." Billy Dukes of Taste of Country found that "the pace is exhilarating, but also worth noting are the subtle warbles and variations in his voice that make each song on 'Bring You Back' a unique moment."
|1.||"Tell Me Where to Park"||Brett Eldredge, Jon Nite, Greg Becker||Luke Laird||2:57|
|2.||"Don't Ya"||Eldredge, Chris DeStefano, Ashley Gorley||DeStefano||3:02|
|3.||"Bring You Back"||Ross Copperman, Heather Morgan||Copperman||3:12|
|4.||"On and On"||Eldredge, Laird, Shane McAnally||Laird||3:08|
|5.||"Gotta Get There"||Eldredge, Laird, Barry Dean||Laird||3:23|
|6.||"One Mississippi"||Eldredge, Tom Douglas||Scott Hendricks||3:45|
|7.||"Beat of the Music"||Eldredge, Copperman, Morgan||Elderedge, Copperman||2:59|
|8.||"Waited Too Long"||Eldredge, Brad Crisler||Brad Crisler||3:59|
|9.||"Mean to Me"||Eldredge, Scooter Carusoe||Laird||3:48|
|10.||"Signs"||Eldredge, Crisler, Bill Anderson||Byron Gallimore||3:53|
|12.||"Go On Without Me"||Eldredge, Copperman, Natalie Hemby||Eldredge, Copperman||3:16|
The album debuted at No.11 on the Billboard 200 and No. 2 on the Top Country Albums chart, with 21,000 copies sold in the U.S. in its debut week. It was the best start by a new male artist on Top Country Albums in nearly a year. The album has sold 128,000 copies in the U.S. as of November 2014.
|US Billboard 200||11|
|US Top Country Albums (Billboard)||2|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions|
|US Country||US Country Airplay||US||CAN Country
|2013||"Beat of the Music"||6||1||44||2||58|
|2014||"Mean to Me"A||17||12||82||26||81|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
- ACurrent single.
- Sciarretto, Amy (21 June 2012). "Brett Eldredge Reveals Cover Art and Track Listing for ‘Bring You Back’". Taste of Country. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "Lindsay Nicole Walleman Obituary". Wujek - Calcaterra & Sons. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- Dauphin, Chuck (August 1, 2013). "Brett Eldredge Is Finally Ready to 'Bring You Back': Exclusive Video". Billboard. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- Billboard staff (April 9, 2013). "Lindsay Walleman of Warner Music Nashville Dead at 28". Billboard. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (August 6, 2013). "Bring You Back - Brett Eldredge : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". Allmusic. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Paxman, Bob (5 August 2012). "Reviews: Brett Eldredge: Bring You Back". Country Weekly 20 (31): 51. ISSN 1074-3235.
- Papadatos, Markos (August 5, 2013). "Review: Brett Eldredge masterful on new album 'Bring You Back'". Digital Journal. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Block, Donna (July 1, 2013). "ALBUM REVIEW: Brett Eldredge "Bring You Back"". Got Country Online. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- McIntosh, Dan (August 5, 2013). "Album Review: Brett Eldredge - Bring You Back". Roughstock. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Dukes, Billy (August 6, 2013). "Brett Eldredge, ‘Bring You Back’ – Album Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Wade Jessen, Nashville (August 15, 2013). "Brett Eldredge 'Back' On Top Country Albums For First Time". Billboard.
- Matt Bjorke (November 5, 2014). "Country Album Chart Report: November 5, 2014". Roughstock.
- "Brett Eldredge Album & Song Chart History" Billboard 200 for Brett Eldredge. Prometheus Global Media.
- "Brett Eldredge Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Top Country Albums for Brett Eldredge. Prometheus Global Media.
- "Brett Eldredge Album & Song Chart History – Canada Country". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- "Future Releases for Country Radio Stations". All Access. Retrieved June 24, 2014.