Brisbane Valley Highway
|Brisbane Valley Highway
|Length||85 km (53 mi)|
|Allocation||Warrego Highway - Esk:
Esk - D'Aguilar Highway:
|South end|| Warrego Highway,
|North end||D'Aguilar Highway, 9 kilometres (6 mi) south-east of Moore, Queensland|
|Major settlements||Fernvale, Esk, Toogoolawah, Harlin|
The Brisbane Valley Highway is a state highway in Queensland. It leaves the Warrego Highway near Ipswich and travels in a northwesterly direction, following the Brisbane River until it reaches the D'Aguilar Highway about 9 kilometres (6 mi) south-east of Moore, where it ends. It is part of National Route 17, which continues, duplexing with the D'Aguilar Highway to Nanango and then becomes the Burnett Highway. State Route 85 is duplexed with the Brisbane Valley Highway from Esk to the D'Aguilar Highway.
The highway crosses the Wivenhoe Dam about 9 kilometres (6 mi) north-west of Fernvale.
List of towns along the Brisbane Valley Highway
||Blacksoil||0||0||Warrego Highway (A2) east - Brisbane / west - Toowoomba||Southern end of Brisbane Valley Highway|
||Fernvale||16.2||10.1||Forest Hill-Fernvale Road - Lowood|
|Fernvale - Wivenhoe Pocket boundary||18.3||11.4||Geoff Fisher Bridge over Brisbane River|
|Wivenhoe Pocket||20.1||12.5||Wivenhoe-Somerset Road - Mount Glorious, Somerset Dam (via Splityard Creek Dam)||To Brisbane Forest Park via Northbrook Parkway|
|Wivenhoe Dam wall over Brisbane River|
|Coominya||32.6||20.3||Coominya Connection Road - Coominya, Atkinson Dam|
|Esk||53.8||33.4||Gatton-Esk Road - Gatton, Toowoomba|
|54.2||33.7||Esk-Hampton Road (S85) - Crows Nest, Toowoomba||State Route 85 southern concurrency terminus: continues west as Esk-Hampton Road|
|58.1||36.1||Esk-Kilcoy Road - Kilcoy (via Somerset Dam)|
|Harlin||89.5||55.6||D'Aguilar Highway (National Route 17 west / State Route 85 east)||State Route 85 northern concurrency terminus: continues east as D'Aguilar Highway
West to Moore and Yarraman; east to Kilcoy and Sunshine Coast
- "Brisbane Valley Highway, Metropolitan Queensland". Queensland Online. Roam Media (for RACQ and Department of Transport and Main Roads). Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Warrego Highway and Brisbane Valley Highway". Department of Transport and Main Roads - Projects. Queensland Government. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- Google Inc. Google Maps – Locality of Lake Wivenhoe, Queensland (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=locality+of+lake+wivenhoe&hl=en&sll=-27.202122,152.499847&sspn=0.265961,0.528374&hnear=Lake+Wivenhoe+Queensland&t=m&z=11. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Place name details - Lake Wivenhoe". Queensland Government. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- Highways in Australia
- List of highways in Queensland
- Bridges over the Brisbane River
- List of highways numbered 85
|This Australian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|