Brita Koivunen (married name: Brita Koivunen-Einiö; 31 August 1931 – 12 April 2014) was a Finnish schlager singer. Some of her most famous songs include "Suklaasydän", "Sävel rakkauden" and "Mamma, tuo mies minua tuijottaa" (Ma! (He's Making Eyes at Me)), all from the 1950s.
During the late 1990s, Koivunen still performed in trio with Pirkko Mannola and Vieno Kekkonen. She retired in 2005 and was replaced by Marjatta Leppänen. In 2006, she was widowed following the death of her husband of more than 50 years, music producer Paavo Einiö. Koivunen-Einiö died on 12 April 2014 from natural causes at the age of 82.
- Antti Virolainen. "Iskelmälaulaja Brita Koivunen on kuollut - Kotimaan uutiset - Ilta-Sanomat". Iltasanomat.fi. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "Brita Koivunen" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- "IS: Iskelmälaulaja Brita Koivunen on kuollut". Iltalehti. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- Brita Koivunen at the Internet Movie Database
- Brita Koivunen profile, Pomus.net; accessed 12 April 2014.
|This article about a Finnish singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|