|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Brian Pincott|
|• Total||0.6 km2 (0.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,075 m (3,527 ft)|
|• Average Income||$120,387|
|Website||Britannia Community Association|
Britannia is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It is bounded by Elbow Drive to the east, 50 Avenue S to the south, Elbow River and Riverdale Park to the west and Britannia Drive to the north.
The area was annexed to the City of Calgary in 1910, and Britannia was established in 1956. Most of the development took place in the late 1950s. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 11 councillors.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $120,387 in 2000, and there were 7.9% low income residents living in the neighborhood. As of 2000, 16.7% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 19.3% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 19.3% of the housing was used for renting.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Britannia Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 11 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
|Elbow Park||Stanley Park|
|North Glenmore Park||Windsor Park||Windsor Park|
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|