British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) is a British-based multi-disciplinary interest group for people involved in the practice and theory of cognitive behaviour therapy.
Organisation aims and activity
Based in Bury, the BABCP works to promote cognitive behavioral psychotherapies, disseminate information, set standards, and support local interest groups. An annual conference has been held in July every year since 1975, with additional training seminars. The peer reviewed journal Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, with Paul M Salkovskis as the current Editor-in-Chief, is free to members. Members can also apply for accreditation as CBT practitioners, with the qualification used as a formal recognition of CBT training  and as guidance in a United Kingdom government initiative to improve access to psychological treatments (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies).
Executive group and membership
The organisation is supported by a BABCP Board of Directors (President, Honorary Secretary, Treasurer, approximately six elected members), 14 National Committee Forum staff and office management staff. As of the end of 2011 there were 9,600 members.
- Behavioural Psychotherapy (1985), 13 : f1-f4 Cambridge University Press doi:10.1017/S0141347300012246 
- "Cambridge Journals Online". Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- Swift, G., Durkin, I., Beuster, C. Cognitive therapy training for psychiatrists: impact on individual clinical practice Psychiatr Bull 2004 28: 117-119 doi:10.1192/pb.28.4.117
- King M, Sibbald B, Ward E et al. (2000). "Randomised controlled trial of non-directive counselling, cognitive-behaviour therapy and usual general practitioner care in the management of depression as well as mixed anxiety and depression in primary care". Health Technol Assess 4 (19): 1–83. PMID 11086269.
- Gournay K, Denford L, Parr AM, Newell R (August 2000). "British nurses in behavioural psychotherapy: a 25-year follow-up". J Adv Nurs 32 (2): 343–51. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2648.2000.01482.x. PMID 10964181.
- "IAPT website guidance on BABCP accreditation". Retrieved 2010-02-07.
- "official BABCP website". Retrieved 2009-08-23.