British Consulate-General, Hong Kong
|Address||1 Supreme Court Road,
Hong Kong Island,
|Ambassador||Caroline Wilson (Consul-General)|
The British Consulate-General, Hong Kong, located at 1 Supreme Court Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong Island, is the largest British consulate-general in the world and is bigger than many British embassies and high commissions abroad. It is responsible for maintaining British ties with Hong Kong and Macao.
Previously, it also processed applications received by the British Trade and Cultural Office in Taipei, Taiwan. Besides, it also receives registrations of marriages from British nationals in the Republic of China, although there is no legal requirement for British nationals to do so.
The consulate-general was designed by British architects Terry Farrell and Partners. Occupied in October 1996, it was a HK$ 290 million project, with the British Council in an adjoining building opened in the following December.
Together with the United States Consulate General, the Consulate General of Malaysia, and the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, the British Consulate-General is among the few consulates-general in the territory to have its own buildings.
|Name||Tenure Begin||Tenure End||Birth Date||British Monarch||Hong Kong
|1 July 1997||November 1997||18 May 1942||Queen Elizabeth II||Tung Chee-hwa→
Sir Donald Tsang→
Sir Donald Tsang
|Sir Andrew Burns
|November 1997||June 2000||21 July 1943|
|Sir James Hodge
|June 2000||November 2003||24 December 1943|
|November 2003||March 2008||4 April 1958|
|March 2008||September 2012||20 April 1954||Sir Donald Tsang→
Leung Chun Ying
|September 2012||Leung Chun Ying|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to British Consulate-General, Hong Kong.|
- British diplomatic missions
- Diplomatic missions in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, London
- Foreign Office and Colonial Office
- Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao
- Consulate General of the United States, Hong Kong and Macau
- About the Consulate-General
- UK in Hong Kong - the British Consulate-General Hong Kong and Macao
- UK in Macao
- Passport application changes for Brits living abroad
- British Trade and Cultural Office - About us
- British Trade and Cultural Office - How to register a marriage
- Hong Kong Economic Journal, 3 July 2007, Page 34.
- http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-consulate-general/our-consul-general/ http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-consulate-general/our-consul-general/previous-consuls-general
- Official website (English) (Chinese)