British Journal of Management
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
|British Journal of Management|
|Edited by||Mustafa F. Özbilgin|
The British Journal of Management is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal, which was established by David T. Otley in 1990, and is published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the British Academy of Management. The current editor-in-chief is Mustafa F. Özbilgin (Brunel Business School, Brunel University).
The stated mission of the journal is to publish "empirical, conceptual and methodological articles across the full range of business and management disciplines", and to disseminate research that has the potential to make a "marked and positive impact on our social and work lives".
Abstracting and Indexing
The British Journal of Management is abstracted and indexed in the Social Sciences Citation Index, Scopus, ProQuest, EBSCO, PsycINFO, and Emerald Management Reviews. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the British Journal of Management has a 2012 impact factor of 2.044. This places the journal 29th out of 116 journals in the ‘Management’ category, and 40th out of 172 journals in the ‘Business category’.
Throughout its history the British Journal of Management has published several “special issues”, which focus on particular interdisciplinary themes. Recent special issues have included Managing Performance in a Global Crisis, which explored the challenges of accurately measuring company performance in the wake of the 2008 global financial crisis, and Understanding Ethical Behavior and Decision Making in Management, which investigated the reasons for unethical business decisions, using insights from both Management Psychology studies.
- British Academy of Management Website Accessed 3 October 2011
- Editorial Board members Accessed 3 October 2011
- Özbilgin, Mustafa F. (2010). "Scholarship of Consequence: New Directions for the British Journal of Management". British Journal of Management 21: 1–6. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8551.2010.00691.x.
- "Abstracting and Indexing". Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "2012 Journal Citation Reports". Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.) (Thomson Reuters). 2013 chapter=Journals Ranked by Impact: Management.
- Journals Ranked by Impact: Business. "2012 Journal Citation Reports". Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.) (Thomson Reuters). 2013.
- "Managing Performance in Global Crisis". British Journal of Management 23 (s1): 1–5. 2012. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8551.2012.00825.x.
- "Understanding Ethical Behavior and Decision Making in Management: A Behavioural Business Ethics Approach". British Journal of Management 22 (s1): 1–5. 2011. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8551.2010.00733.x.