British Journal of Photography
The magazine was established in Liverpool as the Liverpool Photographic Journal in 1854 with this first issue appearing on 14 January 1854, making it the United Kingdom's second oldest photographic title after the Photographic Journal. It was printed monthly until 1857 when it became the Liverpool and Manchester Photographic Journal, published bi-weekly, then the Photographic Journal from 1859 to 1860, when it obtained its present name. The magazine was published weekly from 1864 to March 2010, then reverted to its original monthly period. It is now also available as an electronic magazine.
The following persons have been editor-in-chief of the magazine:
- 1854-1855 (Liverpool Photographic Journal), Charles Corey
- 1855-1856 (Liverpool Photographic Journal), Frank Howard
- 1857-1858 (Liverpool Photographic Journal), G. R. Berry
- January 1858-May 1857, (Liverpool & Manchester Photographic Journal) William Crookes
- June 1857-February 1858, T.A. Malone
- March 1858-June 1864, George Shadbolt
- July 1864-December 1878, J. Traill Taylor and others
- January 1879-December 1885, W.B. Bolton
- January 1886-November 1895, James Traill Taylor
- November 1895- Thomas Bedding
- 1911 George E. Brown
- 1937-1967, Arthur James Dalladay
- 1967-1987, Geoffrey Crawley
- 1987-1992, Chris Dickie (Christopher Gordon Dickie, 26 September 1951-8 June 2011)
- 1993-1999, Rueul Golden
- 2000-2003, Chris Dickie
- 2003–present, John Tarrant, Simon Bainbridge
- "British Journal of Photography: About us". Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- Gernsheim, H, Incunabula of British Photographic Literature, p. 131. The Photographic Journal appeared on 3 March 1853 and has been published continuously ever since.
- "British Journal of Photography is changing". 2010-02-26. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- Pritchard, Michael (2010-02-26). "BJP ceases weekly publication". Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- Pritchard, Michael. "British Journal of Photography (BJP)". Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- Official website
- EdinPhoto: The British Journal of Photography
- The British Journal of Photography, Vol. X (1863)
- The British Journal of Photography, Vol. LVIII (1911)
|This photography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|