|British Subject passport
|| United Kingdom
|Type of document
||British Subject status
||10 years for adults aged 16 or over, 5 years for children
British Subject passport information page
British Subject passports are issued to British Subjects for the purpose of international travel.
There are different covers for passports issued to British Subjects who are European Union citizens by virtue of having the right of abode in the UK and those who are not European Union citizens and do not have the right of abode.
The following data are included on the information page:
- Photograph of the holder (digital image printed on page)
- Type (P)
- Code of issuing state (GBR)
- Passport number
- Given names
- Date of birth
- Place of birth (only the city or town is listed, even if born outside the UK; places of birth in Wales are entered in Welsh upon request )
- Date of issue
- Date of expiry
- Holder's signature (digital image printed on page)
- Machine Readable Zone starting with P<GBR
The items are identified by text in English and French (e.g., "Date of birth / Date de naissance"); there is a section in which all this text is translated into all official EU languages, as well as Welsh and Scottish Gaelic.
- ^ "Welsh language". Identity and Passport Service. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- ^ "Welsh and Scottish Gaelic in UK Passports". Identity and Passport Service. Retrieved 27 June 2010.