British Virgin Islands at the 2012 Summer Olympics
|British Virgin Islands at the Olympic Games|
|At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London|
|Competitors||2 in 1 sports|
|Flag bearer||Tahesia Harrigan|
|Olympic history (summary)|
The British Virgin Islands competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom from 27 July to 12 August 2012. This was the nation's eighth appearance at the Olympics. Only two athletes from the track and field were selected to the team. Sprinter Tahesia Harrigan reprised her role to be the nation's flag bearer at the opening ceremony. British Virgin Islands, however, has yet to win its first Olympic medal.
Athletes from the British Virgin Islands have achieved qualifying standards in the following athletics events (up to a maximum of 3 athletes in each event at the 'A' Standard, and 1 at the 'B' Standard):
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|J'maal Alexander||100 m||10.92||4||Did not advance|
|Tahesia Harrigan||100 m||Bye||11.59||7||Did not advance|
- Staff (21 July 2012). "British Virgin Islands Team ready for London ". BVI News. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – London 2012 ENTRY STANDARDS, IAAF, retrieved 4 June 2011