British Virgin Islands at the 2014 Winter Olympics
|British Virgin Islands at the Olympic Games|
|At the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi|
|Competitors||1 in 1 sport|
|Flag bearer||Peter Crook (opening
|Olympic history (summary)|
The British Virgin Islands competed at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia from 7th to 23rd February 2014. The team consisted of one athlete, the second ever to compete for the nation at the Winter Olympics.
According to the final quota allocation released on January 20, 2014, The British Virgin Islands had one athlete in qualification position. Peter Crook became the first ever athlete to compete for his country in a snow sport. Crook finished in 27th position out of a field of 29 athletes in the qualification rounds for the men's freestyle skiing halfpipe competition, thus meaning he did not advance to the final. With a single athlete competing in a single event, the country did not win a medal at these Games.
|Run 1||Run 2||Best||Rank||Run 1||Run 2||Best||Rank|
|Peter Crook||Men's halfpipe||24.20||25.20||25.20||27||Did not advance|
- "Peter Crook - BVI's Flag Bearer At Winter Games; Local Delegation Will Attend". British Virgin Islands Platinum News. 5 February 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Sochi 2014 Opening Ceremony - Flagbearers". http://www.olympic.org/. Sochi 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Organizing Committee. 7 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Sochi 2014 Closing Ceremony - Flagbearers". The International Olympic Committee (IOC). February 23, 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- "Chances are high for British Virgin Island talent Peter Crook to compete in Sochi". http://www.fis-ski.com/. FIS. 28 October 2013. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Crook to join list of BVI Winter Olympians!". Virgin Islands News Online. 6 August 2013. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Summary of Quota allocation as per 20.01.2014". www.fis-ski.com. FIS. 20 January 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Olympics: Crook marks ski landmark for British Virgin Islands". Agence France-Presse (GlobalPost). 18 February 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2014.