British rule in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
British rule in Ireland may refer to:
- Lordship of Ireland (1171–1542)
- Kingdom of Ireland (1542–1800)
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (1801–1922)
- Northern Ireland (1923–present)
The same periods are also dealt with as:
- History of Ireland (1169–1536), when England invaded and conquered Ireland
- History of Ireland (1536–1691), when England ruled all of Ireland
- History of Ireland (1691–1801), the time of the Protestant Ascendency
- History of Ireland (1801–1923), when Ireland was merged with the United Kingdom
- Northern Ireland, the present
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.