|Full name||Britt Curtis Assombalonga|
|Date of birth||6 December 1992|
|Place of birth||Kinshasa, Zaire|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Current club||Peterborough United|
|2011–2012||→ Wealdstone (loan)||11||(6)|
|2012||→ Braintree Town (loan)||5||(5)|
|2012–2013||→ Southend United (loan)||43||(15)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 February, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Britt Curtis Assombalonga (born 6 December 1992) is a Congolese footballer who plays for Peterborough United as a striker or winger. Assombalonga began his career at Watford, and had spells on loan at Wealdstone, Braintree Town and Southend United. He is the son of Fedor Assombalonga, a former Zaire international footballer who moved his family to London when Britt was eight months old.
Growing up in Swiss Cottage, Assombalonga began his career with Watford, signing for them as a youth player in 2010 at the age of 17, having made his way up via the Hertswood Impact Scheme. In his first full season in the youth team, he finished as the second-top goal scorer, as his team made it to the FA Youth Cup quarter-finals. Assombalonga also made many appearances for Watford's reserve team during this time. At the end of the season, Assombalonga was rewarded for his performances with a one-year professional contract at Watford, and was an unused substitute for the senior squad's last two games against Preston North End and Queens Park Rangers.
Assombalonga eventually made his first-team debut for Watford on 17 March 2012, in a 0–0 draw with Coventry City. This made him the 50th player to go through Watford's Academy and then play in the first-team.
To gain more playing experience, Assombalonga was loaned to Wealdstone in November 2011, along with his Watford youth team-mate Connor Smith. On 3 December, he scored his first goal for Wealdstone in a league match against Concord Rangers. Assombalonga had his loan spell extended for another month on 4 January 2012. Assombalonga returned to Watford on 4 February 2012, having scored 11 goals in 16 games for Wealdstone.
Braintree Town (loan)
Having spent time at Wealdstone, Assombalonga was loaned to Braintree Town on a one-month deal just days after returning to Watford; he also signed a one-year contract extension with Watford on the same day. Assombalonga made an eventful debut in a 3–3 draw against Lincoln City; he scored his first goal for the club to put Braintree 3–2 up, and was then sent off for a second bookable offence. Assombalonga scored four more goals in four games for Braintree after serving his one-match suspension, and was subsequently recalled by Watford to join their senior squad.
Southend United (loan)
At the start of the 2012–13 season, Assombalonga joined Football League Two side Southend United on what the club described as "an initial one-month loan". He scored his first goal for Southend on 25 August 2012 in a 3–3 draw against Northampton Town, and went on to score five goals in four matches, including a brace in a 3–1 win against Dagenham & Redbridge on 7 September. At the end of the one-month loan, Southend extended the loan deal to run until 3 January 2013. Having established himself in the first team, Assombalonga became the club's top scorer that season with a total of 15 goals. Southend again extended Assombalonga's loan in December 2012, keeping him at the club until the end of the season. He played in the 2013 League Trophy Final against Crewe Alexandra which Southend lost 2–0.
On 31 July 2013, League One side Peterborough United broke their previous transfer record to sign Assombalonga from Watford on a four-year deal. He was given the number 9 shirt. Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony hailed the deal, saying he was "delighted", and that Assombalonga had been Peterborough's main transfer target. On the opening game of the season, he scored on his debut as Peterborough defeated Swindon Town 1–0.
- As of 30 January 2014
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[A]||Total|
|Braintree Town (loan)||
|Southend United (loan)||2012–13||League Two||43||15||0||0||0||0||5||1||48||16|
- Southend United
- Football League Trophy Runner-Up (1): 2012–13
- Football League Young Player of the Month award for August (1): 2013–14
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/08/2012 and 31/08/2012" (PDF). The Football Association. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "Watford announce who will be released in the summer". Watford Oberver. 11 April 2011. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Watford academy reaches landmark with 50th first-teamer". BBC Sport. 20 March 2012. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Whitbread, Joe (24 November 2011). "Watford pair Connor Smith and Britt Assombalonga have joined Wealdstone on loan". Watford Observer. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "Hornets pair extend loans at Wealdstone". Watford Observer. 4 January 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Watford youngster Britt Assombalonga signs new deal before joining Braintree Town on loan". Watford Observer. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "Watford youngster Britt Assombalonga scores one and sees red in Braintree Town debut". Watford Observer. 15 February 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "Watford recall in-form striker Britt Assombalonga from Braintree Town". Watford Observer. 15 March 2012. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Loan: Britt joins Shrimpers". Watford Football Club. 17 August 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Southend 3–1 Dagenham & Redbridge". BBC Sport. 7 September 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Watford's Britt Assombalonga extends Southend loan spell". BBC Sport. 13 September 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Southend United duo created mayhem – Paul Sturrock". BBC Sport. 15 October 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Britt Assombalonga: Southend United extend Watford man's loan". BBC Sport. 19 December 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Johnstone's Paint Trophy final: Crewe 2–0 Southend". BBC Sport. 7 April 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Britt Assombalonga joins Peterborough in club record deal". BBC Sport. 31 July 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Peterborough United smash transfer record to sign striker Britt Assombalonga from Watford". Watford Observer. 31 July 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Debut goal delights the Posh entourage". Peterborough Today. 4 August 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.