|Ring name(s)||Brittany Brown|
|Billed weight||160 lbs.|
|Billed from||Hollywood, California|
|Trained by||The Fabulous Moolah
Brittany Brown (born August 31) is a female professional wrestler, former promoter and current trainer. She competed in the Ladies Professional Wrestling Association, The Fabulous Moolah's Ladies International Wrestling Association, as well as in Killer Kowalski's International Wrestling Federation, National Wrestling Alliance, World Championship Wrestling, Empire Pro Wrestling, New England Wrestling Federation, World Wide Wrestling Alliance and the World Wrestling Alliance[disambiguation needed] during the 1990s, 2000s and in late 2010 she resumed her career. She has also appeared in numerous videos, DVDs, television shows and magazines including Pro Wrestling Illustrated, New Wave Wrestling, Wrestling Eye, Fighting Females and Wrestling Gold.
Brown is the only female professional wrestler to be awarded and legally defend three women's championship titles at once, keeping all three belts for fifteen years each. She is also one of three female wrestlers, (the others being Akira Hokuto and Lita), to ever step back in the ring and work regularly after suffering a broken neck.
Professional wrestling career
In 1990, Brown began her training to become a professional wrestler at The Fabulous Moolah's Girl Pro Wrestling School in Columbia, South Carolina under the direct training of The Fabulous Moolah and Donna Christanello. She then trained under Killer Kowalski and was the Ladies Champion of Kowalski's International Wrestling Federation for well over a decade. Brown eventually became one of Kowalski's trainers to both male and female students at his school outside of Boston, Massachusetts. During the same time she was the IWF Ladies Champion, she was also the Ladies Champion of the National Wrestling Alliance and a number of independent promotions including Empire Pro Wrestling, National Wrestling Federation, World Wrestling Alliance and the New England Wrestling Federation. She was known as The Boston Bad Girl in many circles, due to her 'in ring' villainous tactics.
In 1999, Brown was honored by the Cauliflower Alley Club along with other female inductees Candi Devine, Sherri Martel, Kitty Adams, and Susan Green. She and the other ladies received their award on the same stage with such male legends as Pedro Morales and Gorilla Monsoon. She won Vermont Wrestler of the Year on at least three occasions and was listed in the Top Ten Best Best Pro Ladies Worldwide in one of the highly respected Japanese publications Nippon Sports Mook in 1998.. Brown has received several awards and honors, including being honored by Moolah's LIWA in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1999, receiving a plaque. In 2013 Brown was inducted into the New England Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame.
Brown served as the first ever woman elected to the Board of Directors of the Cauliflower Alley Club in California and was also on the Board of Directors of the Ladies International Wrestling Association (LIWA) in Las Vegas, Nevada.
She and a former partner began a New England-based independent wrestling promotion called the World Wrestling Alliance in 1999. Among its alumni are The Hardy Boyz, Kurt Angle, Edge, Steven Richards, A-Train and many other WWE and WWF stars. Former WWF veteran Danny Davis as well as WWE Tough Enough finalists Danny (Tough Enough 2), Jonah (Tough Enough 3) and Taylor Matheny have also made many appearances in the promotion.
On February 27, 1998, Brown beat number-one contender Brandi Alexander and retained her NWA New Jersey Championship title at the Third Annual Eddie Gilbert Memorial Brawl at the Airport Radisson Hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Fabulous Moolah was in Brown's corner while Fred The Elephant Boy from The Howard Stern Show was at ringside with Alexander.
Championships and accomplishments
- Empire Pro Wrestling
- EPW Ladies Championship (3 times)
- International Wrestling Federation
- IWF Women's Championship (4 times)
- New England Pro Wrestling
- NEPW Women's Championship (1 time)
- New England Wrestling Federation
- NEWF Ladies Championship (2 times)
- NWA New Jersey
- NWA New Jersey Ladies Championship (3 times)
- World Wrestling Alliance
- WWA Women's Champion (2 times)
- NWA Eddie Gilbert Memorial Brawl - 2/28/98. Perf. Brittany Brown and Brandi Alexander. 1998. DVD. RF Video.
- Empire Pro Wrestling, Everett, MA. Perf. Brittany Brown and Brandi Alexander. VHS. RF Video.
- Empty Arena Women's Matches. Perf. Brittany Brown, Sunny Lynn Brook and Barbie Jean. 2008. DVD. Wrestlinghits.com
- Duggan-Hicks, Emilie (2003-04-10). "WWA continues to provide wrestling entertainment". The Daily Collegian.
- "3rd Annual Eddie Gilbert Memorial Brawl". NWA Eddie Gilbert Memorial Shows. ProWrestlingHistory.com.
- "3rd Annual Eddie Gilbert Memorial Brawl". NWA Supercards. Wrestling-History.de.
- "Ladies Honorees". Ladies Award History. Cauliflower Alley Club.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2000). Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.