September 1, 1986
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
Mason has appeared in Esquire and Maxim 's website. Mason was a part of the 2010 John Frieda Go Blonder Campaign. She studies acting at the prestigious Lee Strasberg in New York and has made several television appearances, most notably on the 200th episode of Two and a Half Men playing guest star Jason Alexander's secretary, Project Runway All Stars, and The American Country Music Awards 2010 & 2011. In 2013, she appeared on four episodes of The Face, with Supermodels Naomi Campbell, Karolina Kurkova, and Coco Rocha.
At the age of 16 Mason signed with her first modeling agency and moved into a model apartment in New York City. Shortly after she entered a local pageant and won the title of Teen Indiana. From there she won the national title of Teen Model of the USA which then advanced Mason internationally to represent the United States at Teen Model of the World. Out of 52 countries competing for the title to be most beautiful woman in the world, Mason placed as first runner up and Miss Photogenic. The competition was televised throughout Europe, Asia, and South America in 2004. In 2008 She was crowned Miss Indiana USA, for Donald Trump's Miss Universe Organization placing in 7th at Miss USA live on NBC.
Activism and charity work
Mason is involved with several charitable causes. As a teen, Mason created an anti-bullying awareness and prevention program inspired from her own experiences. She worked with kindergarten level to even college students. Within a few years it is estimated Brittany worked with close to 100,000 students across the state of Indiana. Her hometown of Anderson awarded her with the Service to Mankind award for her philanthropic efforts for safer schools. In 2006, Mason organized fund-raising events to collect supplies for Mission of HOPE Haiti where she traveled to work at a children's shelter and hospital. In 2008, she joined Chelsea Clinton to campaign for Hillary Clinton in the Democratic presidential primary in Indiana and continued her work with the Democratic Party for presidential nominee Barack Obama. Mason also supports the Model Alliance which serves as a voice for models. In 2012 she studied fashion law at Fordham Law School under Susan Scafidi to further her work in hope to improve the industry and establish fair working rights for models.
- Potempa, Philip (5 November 2007). "Royalty in the region". NWI Times. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- White, Jason M. (9 April 2008). "Anderson's Brittany Mason heads to pageant". The Herald Bulletin. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- Hennessey, Kathleen; Associated Press (11 April 2008). "Miss USA pageant marks a scandal-light year". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 7 December 2009. [dead link]
- Richey, Rodney (11 April 2008). "Mason out of pageant". The Herald Bulletin. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- Schouten, Fredreka; Martha T. Moore (6 May 2008). "Candidates rely on family to help get message out". USA Today. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- Miley, Scott L. (7 November 2008). "MADISON: Checking in with Brittany Mason, Miss Indiana USA". The Herald Bulletin. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
Leach, Robin (September 2009). "Supermodel Brittany Mason catches superstar Leonardo Dicaprios Eye". VegasDeluxe.com.
|Miss Indiana USA