|Raanan Gewirtzman, Chief Executive Officer
Chee Kwan, VP Sales
Didi Ivancovsky, Founder, VP Carriers Strategy
Doron Tal, VP Business Development & Marketing
Dror Heldenberg, CFO
Eli Weitz, CTO
Gal Sitton, VP Systems
Igor Elkanovich, VP VLSI
|Products||Fiber Access & Embedded Processors|
Number of employees
BroadLight is a fabless semiconductor company which designs, manufactures and markets Fiber Access and embedded processors System-on-a-chip (SoC). Founded in 2000 by Ran Dror, David Levi, Haim Ben Amram, Didi Ivancovsky and Raanan Ivry, it is headquartered in Herzeliya, Israel with sales offices in the United States, China, Taiwan and Korea. BroadLight operates in the broadband telecommunication operators’ market with products for fiber broadband, fixed and mobile networks for homes and carriers.
BroadLight predicted that the fiber-to-the-home market would outpace xDSL copper broadband installations and that the market would require and benefit from highly integrated Fiber Access semiconductor SoC. The company was recognized to achieve significant market share and an established top-tier customer position
BroadLight's products include GPON Central office processors, integrated GPON Customer-premises equipment and Ethernet Gateway processors which are utilized in Fiber to the home (FTTx), and Ethernet CPEs.
BroadLight's most notable innovations are the introduction of the separated control and data processing planes and the integration of a network processor in its integrated fiber access SoC. The integration of the network processor enables flexibility via a programmable networking engine and allows in-field adoptions to evolving operator service models.
Since 2004 BroadLight has been awareded multiple patents in the area of fiber access and CPE network processing.
Acquisition by Broadcom
The company was venture capital funded by Azure Capital Partners, Benchmark Capital, Delta Ventures, Israel Seed Partners, Motorola Ventures, Star Ventures and Cipio Partners. The Chairman of the Board of Directors is Anthony T. Maher
- TheMarker.com Staff (2001-08-27). "Broadlight raising $10 million from strategic and existing investors". TheStreet. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- The Future of Fiber To The Home in China, Part Two - Seeking Alpha
- FTTH Silicon Market Share | Nyquist Capital
- Broadcom Enters FTTH Chipset Market - Seeking Alpha
- AMCC demonstrates GPON Chipset, But Cramer Gets Company Wrong (AMCC, TLAB, MOT, ALA) - Seeking Alpha
- BroadLight awarded new processor architecture patents - Lightwave
- BroadLight unveils new GPON chip
- The TIA Network
- Network Processors- Flexibility and Performance for Next-Generation Networks_百度文库
- Broadcom to buy fiber access chip makerBbroadLight - MarketWatch
- Anthony T. Maher. "Anthony Maher: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2012-05-17.