Broadland (UK Parliament constituency)
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Broadland in Norfolk.
Location of Norfolk within England.
|Population||95,188 (2011 census)|
|Electorate||73,066 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||Keith Simpson (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Mid Norfolk|
|European Parliament constituency||East of England|
The Boundary Commission for England created the Broadland constituency as the successor seat to Mid Norfolk by adding parts of North Norfolk and Norwich North. The name is taken from the local government area Broadland though its boundary does not match that of the district council nor is it coterminous with the Norfolk Broads (waterways) and surrounding protected land.
The new Broadland seat takes its name from the local government district, from which 20 electoral wards are taken. Six wards from North Norfolk council are also used in the creation of this seat.
The constituency stretches from near Yarmouth in the East to the north west of the county.
- Acle, Aylsham, Blofield with South Walsham, Brundall, Burlingham, Buxton, Coltishall, Drayton North, Drayton South, Eynesford, Great Witchingham, Hevingham, Horsford and Felthorpe, Marshes, Plumstead, Reepham, Spixworth with St Faiths, Taverham North, Taverham South and Wroxham (in Broadland)
- Astley, Lancaster North, Lancaster South, The Raynhams, Walsingham and Wensum (in North Norfolk).
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: Broadland|
|UKIP||Stuart Agnew |
|Labour||Chris Jones |
|Liberal Democrat||Steve Riley|
|General Election 2010: Broadland|
|Liberal Democrat||Daniel Roper||17,046||32.4||+2.9|
|Conservative win (new seat)|
- * Served in the 2005–2010 Parliament as MP for Mid Norfolk
Notes and references
- "Broadland: Usual Resident Population, 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- The Parliamentary Constituencies (England) Order 2007
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "B" (part 6)[self-published source][better source needed]
- 2010 election result, BBC News, 7 May 2010
- nomis Constituency Profile for Broadland — presenting data from the ONS annual population survey and other official statistics.