|• Mayor||John F. Long Jr.|
|• Total||1.8 sq mi (4.7 km2)|
|• Land||1.8 sq mi (4.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,043 ft (318 m)|
|• Density||2,050.6/sq mi (785.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1492636|
Broadway is located at .(38.611954, -78.799192)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.8 square miles (4.7 km²), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,192 people, 882 households, and 610 families residing in the town. The population density was 1,202.5 people per square mile (465.0/km²). There were 976 housing units at an average density of 535.4 per square mile (207.1/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 97.22% White, 0.64% African American, 0.23% Native American, 0.68% Asian, 0.59% from other races, and 0.64% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.06% of the population.
There were 882 households out of which 31.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.6% were married couples living together, 9.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.8% were non-families. 25.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.42 and the average family size was 2.91.
In the town the population was spread out with 24.0% under the age of 18, 8.8% from 18 to 24, 30.4% from 25 to 44, 22.6% from 45 to 64, and 14.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 90.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.1 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $40,167, and the median income for a family was $45,066. Males had a median income of $27,181 versus $20,930 for females. The per capita income for the town was $18,274. About 5.1% of families and 8.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.7% of those under age 18 and 11.9% of those age 65 or over.
- The 2010 Broadway basketball team lost in the state finals in double overtime
- The 2011 Broadway Football team lost in the state finals
- The town is home to the Broadway Bruins Baseball Team of The Rockingham County Baseball League
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Broadway". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.