All Saints church, Brocklesby
Brocklesby shown within Lincolnshire
|OS grid reference|
|- London||144 mi (232 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Brocklesby is a village and civil parish in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated 1 mile (1.6 km) south from Habrough, 4 miles (6.4 km) south-west from Immingham, close to the border of both North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire, and near Humberside International Airport.
According to the 2001 census it had a population of 124.
The parish includes the settlement of Limber Parva (or Little Limber) which lies 1.5 miles (2.4 km) to the south-west, and is the site of a deserted medieval village, defined by earthworks and crop marks of crofts, hollow ways and rectilinear enclosures.
Brocklesby Grade II listed Anglican parish church is dedicated to All Saints. It holds memorials to the Pelham family, particularly Charles Pelham, Lord Worsley, who was killed during the First World War.
- "Brocklesby". ordnance-survey-linked-data. Ordnance survey. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Statistics about Brocklesby, West Lindsey". Lincolnshire research observatory. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Little Limber", National Monuments Record, English Heritage. Retrieved April 2012
- "Little Limber: TA122103"; Gridreferencefinder.com. Retrieved 23 April 2012
- "Newsham Priory". Houses of Premonstratensian Canons. Victoria County History. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- "Brocklesby (with Limber Parva)". Genuki.org.uk. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- "First train through Brocklesby Station". Geograph project. Retrieved 22 October 2013. "First 185 148 passes in front of the glorious old station building, now a private house."
- "Church of All Saints", National Heritage List for England, English Heritage; retrieved 3 July 2011
- "All Saints Church, Brocklesby and the Church of St. Peter, Great Limber", ntlworld.com/peter.fairweather; retrieved 3 July 2011
- "Our Parishes". Brocklesby park group. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Brocklesby DCC". Diocese of Lincoln. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "List of parish meetings". West Lindsey district council. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "History of Brocklesby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire". A Vision of Britain through Time. GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth. Retrieved 22 October 2013.