Broken English (2007 film)
|Directed by||Zoe Cassavetes|
|Written by||Zoe Cassavetes|
Drea de Matteo
|Music by||Scratch Massive|
|Editing by||Andrew Weisblum|
|Distributed by||Magnolia Pictures|
|Running time||96 minutes|
Nora Wilder (Parker Posey), a single, career woman works at a Manhattan boutique hotel where her excellent skills in guest relations lack in the romantic department. If it is not her loving and dominant mother (Gena Rowlands) attempting to set her up that consistently fail, she has her friend’s (Drea de Matteo) disastrous blind dates to rely on as a backup for further dismay. She's surrounded by friends who are all happily engaged or romantically involved and somehow, love escapes Nora—until she meets an unusual Frenchman (Melvil Poupaud) who helps her discover life beyond her self-imposed boundaries.
- Parker Posey as Nora Wilder
- Melvil Poupaud as Julien
- Drea de Matteo as Audrey Andrews
- Tim Guinee as Mark Andrews
- Gena Rowlands as Vivien Wilder-Mann
- Peter Bogdanovich as Irving Mann
- Justin Theroux as Nick Gable
The film screened at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival, and ultimately garnered five award nominations, among them the Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay. It was also entered into the 29th Moscow International Film Festival.
Broken English received mixed reviews. Film review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a 64% "fresh" rating. Jason Clark of Slant Magazine gave the film 2.5 out of 4 stars. Michael Phillips of the Chicago Tribune called it a "promising first film with moments exceeding that promise." 
- http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=broken+english+film+nominations&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 Retrieved on 2009-04-10
- "29th Moscow International Film Festival (2007)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Jason Clark (June 17, 2007). "Broken English - Film Review - Slant Magazine". Slant Magazine.
- Phillips, Michael (20 July 2007). "In 'Broken English,' seeds of a promising career". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Broken English (2007 film).|
|This article about a 2000s romance film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|