Bromley South railway station
Location of Bromley South in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Bromley|
|Number of platforms||4|
|OSI||Bromley North |
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|22 November 1858||Opened (Bromley Common)|
|1 July 1899||Renamed (Bromley South)|
|Lists of stations|
| London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
Bromley South railway station is a major station on the Chatham Main Line in South East London within the London Borough of Bromley. Serving the major suburban town of Bromley, it is in Travelcard Zone 5, and it is managed by Southeastern.
Bromley South station is located in Bromley High Street. It is 10.9 miles from London Victoria - the 11-mile milepost is a short distance east of the station.
Bromley South is served by the following London Bus Routes and Arriva Kent bus route: 61; 119; 126; 138; 146; 162; 208; 246; 261; 314; 320; 336; 352; 358; 367; 402; N3; N47.
The typical off-peak train service is:
- 5tph (trains per hour) non-stop to London Victoria
- 4tph to London Victoria calling at all stations via Herne Hill
- 2tph to Kentish Town via Catford
- 4tph to Orpington
- 2tph to Sevenoaks via Swanley
- 2tph to Ramsgate and Dover Priory splitting at Faversham Via Chatham
- 2tph to Ashford International via Maidstone East
- 1tph to Gillingham via Swanley
The station has 4 platforms, platform 1 being for stopping services Central London via Herne Hill or Catford, platform 2 for services to Orpington or Sevenoaks via Swanley, platform 3 for non-stop services to London Victoria and platform 4 for services to Ramsgate and Dover Priory, Ashford International or Gillingham.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bromley South railway station.|
- Bromley North railway station, a smaller station a short walk away