Brondesbury railway station
Brondesbury station entrance, Kilburn High Road
Location of Brondesbury in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Brent|
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Original company||Hampstead Junction Railway|
|Pre-grouping||London and North Western Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|2 January 1860||Opened as Edgeware Road (Kilburn)|
|1 November 1865||Renamed Edgware Road|
|1 January 1872||Renamed Edgware Road and Brondesbury|
|1 January 1873||Renamed Brondesbury (Edgware Road)|
|1 May 1883||Renamed Brondesbury|
|Lists of stations|
| London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
Ticket barriers are now in operation.
Brondesbury station opened on 2 January 1860 as Edgeware Road (Kilburn) [sic] station on the Hampstead Junction Railway. It was renamed several times: Edgware Road on 1 November 1865, Edgware Road and Brondesbury on 1 January 1872, Brondesbury (Edgware Road) on 1 January 1873, Brondesbury on 1 May 1883. A signal box was in use at the station until 5 February 1962.
A number of plans were put forward between 1890 and 1926 to build an underground railway along the Edgware Road, and would have seen the construction of a Tube station at Brondesbury. None of the schemes succeeded and no such line was ever built.
The normal off-peak service in trains per hour is:
|Preceding station||London Overground||Following station|
|North London Line||
- 16 - Victoria to Cricklewood
- 32 - Kilburn Park tube station to Edgware
- 189 - Oxford Circus to Brent Cross
- 316 - North Kensington to Cricklewood
- 332 - Paddington Station to Neasden
- 632 - Kilburn Park tube station to Grahame Park
- N16 - Victoria to Edgware
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (Microsoft Excel). Transport for London. May 2011. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "Station usage". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. 30 April 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2011. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 89. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- Butt 1995, p. 46
- Joe Brown (November 2006). London Railway Atlas. Hersham: Ian Allan Publishing. p. 21, section A2. ISBN 0-7110-3137-1. 0611/3.
- Vic Mitchell and Keith Smith (1997). North London Line (Broad Street to Willesden Jn. via Hampstead Heath. MP Middleton Press.
- Badsey-Ellis, Antony (2005). London's Lost Tube Schemes. Capital Transport. ISBN 1-85414-293-3.
- North London Line timetable from 22 May 2011.
- PDF (435 KB)