Brook Pridemore (born in 1979 in Detroit, Michigan, USA) is a New York City based song writer, performer, and front man,. whose early work is Affiliated with the Antifolk movement, he released five albums on the Bronx-based record label Crafty Records, and was responsible for co-producing the much acclaimed Anticomp Folkilation album which has since become an underground cult classic.
A regular contributor to numerous other compilations, Brook Pridemore shared a split 7-inch with Ghost Mice for Plan-It-X Records. According to the music review blog Earbuddy.net his highly anticipated sixth album “Gory Details,” was released in late 2014. It includes the singles “Listening to TPM,” featuring Joseph Michelini of New Jersey indie/folk rock act River City Extension, and "Celestial Heaven". "Celestial Heaven" was recently picked up by Reug Vision, Inc / World Live Music & Distribution and debuted on VEVO in June 2013.
Following the release of the record, Pridemore began touring consistently as well as playing in and around New York city near monthly.
Having lived in Kalamazoo, MI for years doing back yard shows and working dead end jobs to pay for his musical endeavors, Brook was known to sing about the things his friends did, or that he saw while hanging out downtown, just for something to do.
He has toured the United States numerous times and embarked on his first European tour in the fall of 2009. Due to his experience playing many house shows on tour, Pridemore and his roommates were inspired to turn his own apartment into a performing venue for local antifolk acts and touring bands; they titled it the Brooklyn Tea Party. January 2010 saw the commencement of the Multinational Perspiration Tour, an undertaking on which which Pridemore, with tandem partners including The Hit and Miss Engines, Doug Cote, Liv Carrow, Crazy and the Brains and Father, Son and Holy Smokes, performed across the US, Canada, and various European countries before the tour ended in New York on June 19, 2010.
- Metal and Wood (2002)
- First Name, Last Name (2004)
- The Reflecting Skin (2006)
- Brook Pridemore Sings Greatest Antifolk Hits (2007)
- A Brighter Light (2009)
- Gory Details (2014)
- After Hours: A Tribute To The Music Of Lou Reed (2003) - "After Hours"
- Hurry Home Early: The Songs of Warren Zevon (2005) - "Life'll Kill Ya"
- Art Star Sounds Compilation (2005) - "Figure 8"
- The Three-Dollar Gallon Compilation (2006) - "Chocolate Cake City," "Hurricane Ivan (Live)," "The Stevie B. Challenge"
- Anticomp Folkilation (2007) - "Sugar Coma (Snakes on My Brain)"
- Thanks for the Floor (2008) - "The Baptist Crutch"
- Acoustic A.D.-An Acoustic Tribute to the Misfits (2008) - "Last Caress"
- Ghost Mice/Brook Pridemore split 7-inch (2008) - "Fake Brains", "A Palm Tree On The Beach At Coney Island"
- The State I'm In (2009) - "Inauguration Day"
- Chevaliers de la Table Basse : la compile #4 (2010) - "Disappearing Reappearing Ink"
- The Bushwick Book Club Volume I (2010) - "Gave Us Barrabas"
- BTP Vol. 1 Live at the Brooklyn Tea Party - "Celestial Heaven or Leap of Faith"
- Crafty Records' Brook Pridemore page
- Brook Pridemore's Myspace page
- Interview with Brook Pridemore (german)
- Watch: Brook Pridemore – “Listening to TPM” Video on Earbuddy