Baldwin in March 2012
July 12, 1979 |
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
|Education||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
|Spouse(s)||Jay David (m. 2010-2012)|
Early life and education
Lauren "Brooke" Baldwin was born in Atlanta, Georgia, where she attended The Westminster Schools. At the age of 13 she attended the United States Space Camp and served as commander of her mission there. The week, she said, "was incredibly cool."
Baldwin graduated with a double bachelor’s degree in journalism and Spanish from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She also studied at Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City during her undergraduate years.
Baldwin began her career at WVIR-TV in Charlottesville, Virginia, and later became the morning anchor at WOWK-TV in the Huntington, and Charleston, West Virginia, area. She later joined WTTG in Washington, D.C., as lead reporter for the 10 p.m. newscast.
Baldwin joined CNN and HLN networks in 2008. She was a contributor on Rick's List, hosted by Rick Sanchez, from the show’s inception in January 2010. When Sanchez was fired in October 2010 for making what some believed were antisemitic remarks, Baldwin filled in for him, eventually taking the time slot permanently. She now anchors CNN Newsroom from 2 to 4pm ET on weekdays. She hosts a weekly segment during her newscast hours known as #MusicMonday (named after the Twitter trend) profiling various musicians. Baldwin is the last anchor to broadcast from Atlanta on weekdays, before The Lead goes on air from Washington, D.C.
Brooke Baldwin's height is 5'9". In October 2014, she was #2 on CNN's list of Top 10 Sexiest Daytime News Anchors, after colleague Wolf Blitzer, who was #1.
- Baldwin, Brooke (April 15, 2011). "Love the sun, hate the sun, but wear sunscreen!!". CNN. Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- Real name Lauren
- Roop, Lee (June 2, 2011). "Space Camp kids tell CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin not to worry because exploration will go on". The Huntsville Times. Retrieved June 2, 2011.
- "Brooke Baldwin". CNN. Retrieved May 17, 2011.
- "Rick Sanchez Sidekick Brooke Baldwin Fills In for Her Fired Colleague". The Wrap. October 4, 2010. Retrieved May 17, 2011.
- Ricci, Benjamin (January 14, 2012). "CNN to Air Half Hour Music Show This Saturday". Performer Magazine. Retrieved January 14, 2012.
- "Twitter #MusicMonday top songs: 30 Seconds to Mars, Rage Against the Machine". The Independent. December 15, 2009. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- Scholz, Craig (September 19, 2011). "#musicmonday: Bon Iver". CNN. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- "Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin Co-Host CNN’s New Years Eve Celebration" (Press release). CNN. December 16, 2011. Retrieved January 14, 2012.