|Directed by||John Crowley|
|Written by||Nick Hornby|
by Colm Tóibín
Brooklyn is an upcoming Irish romantic comedy film directed by John Crowley and script written by Nick Hornby, based on the novel of the same name by Colm Tóibín. The film stars Saoirse Ronan, Domhnall Gleeson, Emory Cohen, Jim Broadbent and Julie Walters.
During the 1950s, a young woman, Eilis Lacey (Saoirse Ronan) moves from a small town in Ireland to Brooklyn, where she has the opportunity for work, for a future and for love, in the form of Italian-American Tony (Emory Cohen).
- Saoirse Ronan as Eilis Lacey
- Domhnall Gleeson as Jim
- Emory Cohen as Tony
- Jim Broadbent
- Julie Walters
- Emily Bett Rickards as Patty McGuire
The principal photography of the film has begun on April 1, 2014 in Ireland, which will be shot for three weeks at different locations include Enniscorthy, Wexford and Dublin. After finishing the production in Ireland, the production will then move to Montreal, Canada for a four weeks further shoot. On the first day of shooting, Ronan was spotted in period costume on the set in Enniscorthy.
- Rosser, Michael (1 April 2014). "Brooklyn begins shoot with Saoirse Ronan". screendaily.com. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- McNary, Dave (1 April 2014). "Saoirse Ronan Heads to Ireland for John Crowley’s ‘Brooklyn’". variety.com. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- Kemp, Stuart (1 April 2014). "Saoirse Ronan to Star in 'Brooklyn'". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- Flint, Hanna (1 April 2014). "Saoirse Ronan arrives in period costume onto the Irish set of her new movie based on Colm Toibin's acclaimed novel". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- Blake Knox, Kirsty (1 April 2014). "Saoirse Ronan keeps warm with water bottle on movie set". independent.ie. Retrieved 2 April 2014.