Decker at the 2012 premiere of What to Expect When You're Expecting
|Born||Brooklyn Danielle Decker
April 12, 1987
Kettering, Ohio, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Andy Roddick (2009–present)|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Measurements||(US) 36-24-34; (EU) 90-61-86.5|
Brooklyn Danielle Decker (born April 12, 1987) is an American model and actress best known for her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, most notably the cover of the 2010 issue. She modeled Victoria's Secret's 2010 swimsuit collection and made guest appearances on the Chuck, Ugly Betty, and Royal Pains television programs. She made her feature film debut in Just Go with It, and later starred in Battleship and What to Expect When You're Expecting. Decker is married to retired tennis player Andy Roddick.
Decker was born in Kettering, Ohio, the daughter of Tessa (née Moore), a nurse, and Stephen Decker, a pacemaker salesman. She has one brother, Jordan, who is three years younger. She and her family moved to Middletown, Ohio, then to Matthews, North Carolina, a suburb of Charlotte. She was discovered in a Charlotte shopping mall as a teenager. Decker began her modeling career as the face of Mauri Simone, a popular prom dress maker. She won the 2003 Model of the Year award at the Connections Model and Talent Convention. In a January 2011 interview with Self magazine, Decker stated that she suffered from an eating disorder and states, "My father did an intervention and got me to stop obsessing about everyone else and wrecking my body."
|Decker's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from February 12, 2010|
Decker has been featured in pictorials in Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, FHM, and Glamour, and has modeled for The Gap, Intimissimi and Victoria's Secret. She has appeared in music videos for Jimmy Buffett and the band 3 Doors Down. She is also an avid Tar Heel basketball and Carolina Panthers fan.
In 2005, within two months of moving to New York City, Decker auditioned for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, in which she first appeared in 2006. She was again featured in the 2007 edition, and hosted the 2007 behind-the-scenes television special. She returned for a third consecutive time in 2008. Decker was chosen cover girl for the 2010 edition, shot on location in the Maldives islands. In 2007, she had a recurring feature on the CNN/SI website called "She Says, Z Says", along with Paul Zimmerman, discussing NFL football games of the week. Decker appeared in the 2007 made-for-television Lipshitz Saves the World. She worked for a period in Australia. She joined the cast of Sports New York to discuss the 2010 NCAA basketball tournament. In 2008, Decker rang the New York Stock Exchange bell with other Sports Illustrated models.
Decker made a guest appearance on NBC's Chuck, where she played a model applying to be a "Buy More Girl". She made a guest appearance on USA Network's Royal Pains on July 30, 2009. Decker played swimsuit model Rachel, while Peter Jacobson played Alan, her nebbish husband.
On February 8, 2010, David Letterman announced on Late Show with David Letterman that Decker had been chosen as the 2010 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit covermodel. Calling her selection "the news of a lifetime", Decker admitted that her mother cried when she heard her daughter would be on the cover.
Decker received her first feature film role in the film Just Go with It opposite Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston, where she played the object of Sandler's affection. She was reportedly considered for the lead female role in Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
In 2011 Decker was cast as the female lead, Samantha Shane, daughter of a naval officer who works as a physical therapist, in the film Battleship, which was based on the board game of the same name. The role allowed her to spend some time with the Wounded Warriors Project. She also traveled to medical hospitals in Pearl Harbor and San Antonio and worked with troops who came back injured from overseas. She was also part of the ensemble cast of the comedy What to Expect When You're Expecting (2012), based on the book of the same name. She played the wife of Dennis Quaid's character.
She has also volunteered her time for Special Olympics and currently serves as a Global Ambassador for Special Olympics Team USA, ahead of the 2015 World Summer Games in Los Angeles, California.
|2011||Just Go with It||Palmer Dodge||Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie: Breakout Female|
|2012||What to Expect When You're Expecting||Skyler Cooper|
|2014||Casual Encounters||Laura Leonard||Post-production|
|2007||Lipshitz Saves the World||Rebecca Fellini||Unaired NBC pilot|
|2009||Chuck||Job Applicant||Episode: "Chuck Versus the Beefcake"|
|2009||Royal Pains||Rachel Ryder||Episode: "The Honeymoon's Over"|
|2009||Ugly Betty||Lexie||Episode: "The Wiener, the Bun and the Boob"|
|2010||Extreme Makeover: Home Edition||Herself||Episode: "The Johnson Family"|
|2012||The League||Gina Gibiatti||3 episodes|
|2013||New Girl||Holly||Episode: "Cooler"|
|2014||Friends with Better Lives||Jules||Main cast|
- "Brooklyn Decker profile". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- "Brooklyn in New York". Lucire. January 12, 2007. Retrieved January 13, 2007.
- By Théoden Janes (February 10, 2010). "Brooklyn Decker's biggest splash | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper". Charlotteobserver.com. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- "Television: February 2006". Cincytv.blogspot.com. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- "Dayton, Ohio, news and information". MiddletownJournal. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- "profile". Askmen.com. August 3, 1987. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "Brooklyn Decker's Dad Saved Her From Eating Disorder". BabyRazzi. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- "2006 Swimsuit: Brooklyn Decker". SI.com. February 14, 2006. Retrieved January 13, 2007.
- IMDb profile
- "Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker get engaged". Showhype.com. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "profile". Nymag.com. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- Matt Mitovich (June 23, 2009). "Exclusive: House Doc and Swimsuit Model Feel the Pains". TV Guide Online. Retrieved June 24, 2009.
- Strzemien, Anya (February 9, 2010). "Brooklyn Decker SI Swimsuit Issue Cover Photo Revealed". Huffington Post. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "Brooklyn Decker (Photos) Mom Cried Over SI Swimsuit Cover". National Ledger. Feb 10, 2010. Retrieved Feb 10, 2010.
- Fleming, Mike (May 25, 2010). "Megan Fox’s ‘T3? Replacement Down To Three Candidates, One Front-Runner –". Deadline.com. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- Brooklyn Decker Is Your 2010 Sexiest Woman Alive. Esquire magazine. Retrieved June 17, 2010.
- Evry, Max (January 5, 2011). "25 Breakout Stars to Watch for in 2011". Next Movie. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Ford, Rebecca (May 15, 2012). "Brooklyn Decker on Her Acting Career: 'I'm Still Studying to Get Better'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- "The 100 Hottest Women of All-Time". Men's Health. 2011. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- "Brooklyn Decker Set to Cause Trouble on 'New Girl'". Hollywood Reporter. December 5, 2012.
- "The WAGS of the U.S. Open". Maxim magazine. September 2010. page 38
- Triggs, Charlotte (April 17, 2009). "Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker Tie the Knot – Weddings, Andy Roddick, Elton John". People. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
|Find more about Brooklyn Decker at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|
- Brooklyn Decker on Twitter
- Brooklyn Decker at the Fashion Model Directory
- Brooklyn Decker at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website