Brooks Field (Michigan)
|IATA: none – ICAO: KRMY – FAA LID: RMY|
|Owner||City of Marshall|
|Elevation AMSL||941 ft / 287 m|
Brooks Field (ICAO: KRMY, FAA LID: RMY) is a city-owned, public-use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) south of the central business district of Marshall, a city in Calhoun County, Michigan, United States. Brooks Field was officially dedicated in 1931, although the first plane landed there on November 9, 1929.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned RMY by the FAA and no designation from the IATA. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Brooks Field covers an area of 170 acres (69 ha) at an elevation of 941 feet (287 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 10/28 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,501 by 75 feet (1,067 x 23 m). It also has a one helipad designated H1 with a concrete surface measuring 50 by 50 feet (15 x 15 m). The airport is staffed from 8AM until dusk, except for major holidays.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2007, the airport had 6,000 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 16 per day. At that time there were 25 aircraft based at this airport: 76% single-engine, 16% glider and 8% ultralight.
The closest highway is Interstate 69 (I-69), which is approximately two miles (3.2 km) west of the airport. I-94 is also very close to the airport. The airport is accessible by road from Kalamazoo Street.
- FAA Airport Master Record for RMY ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- Charlotte (MI) Shopping Guide article dated August 27, 2006. Page 33.
- "Marshall, Michigan - Brooks Field (ICAO: KRMY, FAA: RMY)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 3 (PDF, 1.28 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- Brooks Field at City of Marshall web site
- Marshall Aviation Center, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- PDF (50.3 KB) at Michigan DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of 13 April 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for RMY, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport: