Foster with the Dolphins in 2011
|Date of birth:||June 9, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Boiling Springs, South Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|NFL draft:||2009 / Round: 5 / Pick: 160|
Career NFL statistics
Stats at NFL.com
Brooks Foster (born April 9, 1986 in Boiling Springs, South Carolina) is a former American football wide receiver. He was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the fifth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at North Carolina.
Foster attended Boiling Springs High School in South Carolina. He caught 56 passes for 759 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior and caught 35 passes for 500 yards and scored eight touchdowns as a junior.
While redshirting on the Tar Heels football team during his freshman year in 2004-05, Foster walked on to the men's basketball team at North Carolina. As such, he was a member of the 2005 national championship team that gave Coach Roy Williams his first ring.
As a senior at North Carolina in 2008, Brooks caught 30 passes for 334 yards and two touchdowns, playing in 13 games. In 2007 Brooks played in 11 games, with no starts. He was second on team with 417 receiving yards on 29 catches and two touchdowns. In 2006 he played in 12 games with no starts can caught 38 passes for 486 yards and two touchdowns. In 2005 he played in five games but did not record a catch and the previous sesson, 2004, he redshirted.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 0½ in||201 lb||4.38 s||1.52 s||2.59 s||4.18 s||6.87 s||38½ in||10 ft 7 in||27 reps||22|
|Height, weight, bench and Wonderlic from NFL Combine, all others from NC Pro Day.|
St. Louis Rams
On April 26, 2009, Foster was drafted in the fifth round by the St. Louis Rams. Unfortunately, his rookie season would be cut short after injuring his ankle against the New York Jets during a preseason contest on August 14, 2009. Foster's injury required surgery and subsequently the then rookie was placed on the Injured Reserved list. In spite of the fact that Foster was striving to hang on with the Rams, Foster was waived by St. Louis on August 22, 2010.
New York Jets
Foster was signed to the Saskatchewan Roughriders practice roster in July 2012. He played his first game for the Roughriders on Sept 1st, 2012 in the Labour Day Classic against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He was released by the Roughriders on April 29, 2013.
- Tar Heel Blue.com
- Tarheel times.
- Clan Ram.com
- Staff Reports (August 22, 2010), "Boiling Springs product Foster waived by St. Louis", GoUpstate.com (GoUpstate), archived from the original on November 2, 2010, retrieved November 2, 2010
- Coats, Bill (May 20, 2010), "WR Brooks Foster strives to crack Rams roster", STLToday.com (STLToday), archived from the original on November 2, 2010, retrieved November 2, 2010
- Associated Press (August 24, 2010), "Jets claim WR Brooks Foster off waivers from Rams", ESPN.com (ESPN.com), archived from the original on November 2, 2010, retrieved November 2, 2010
- Mehta, Manish (September 3, 2010), "Jets in process of trimming roster to 53", NYDailyNews.com (New York Daily News), retrieved November 2, 2010
- Wilson, Aaron (September 30, 2010), "Dolphins sign Brooks Foster to practice squad", NationalFootballPost.com (National Football Post), archived from the original on November 2, 2010, retrieved November 2, 2010
- "Dolphins Sign Matthews; Waive Foster", miamidolphins.com, retrieved August 16, 2011
- RIDERS TRANSACTIONS