Reed in the 2012 NFL season.
|No. -- Atlanta Falcons|
|Date of birth:||February 28, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Tucson, Arizona|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||254 lb (115 kg)|
|High school:||Tucson (AZ) Sabino|
|NFL draft:||2011 – 2nd round – 42nd pick|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Brooks Reed (born February 28, 1987) is an American football linebacker for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Arizona and was drafted by the Houston Texans in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
Reed was born in Tucson, Arizona. He attended Sabino High School in Tucson, where he was a running back and defensive lineman for the Sabino Sabercats high school football team. He rushed for 350 yards with seven touchdowns as a junior, earning first-team All-league and honorable mention All-state. As a senior in 2006, he was recognized as a first-team All-state selection and a SuperPrep high school All-American at running back, and received first-team All-state honors as a defensive lineman from the Tucson Citizen after compiling 38 tackles and three sacks. He also starred in track & field, posting bests of 11.75 seconds in the 100 meters and 24.08 seconds in the 200 meters.
In 2011, Brooks was awarded the "Tom Hansen" medal, given to the best athlete and student in the, then, Pac 10. 
The Houston Texans selected Reed in the second round (42nd overall pick) in the 2011 NFL Draft. The Texans named him to the starting line-up in the sixth week of his first season, following an injury to starting linebacker Mario Williams. In his first start, Reed recorded six tackles. In his second game as a starter, Brooks recorded his first NFL quarterback sack against the Tennessee Titans on October 23, 2011.
- ArizonaWildcats.com, 2010 Arizona Football Roster, Brooks Reed. Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- Associated Press, "Former Sabino and Arizona standout Brooks Reed drafted by Texans," KVOA News 4 (April 29, 2011). Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- "Juron Criner and Brooks Reed are first team all-conference selections," KVOA News 4 (December 7, 2010). Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- Chris Duncan, "Texans take Arizona LB Reed in second round," The Seattle Times (April 29, 2011). Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- Jeffrey Martin, "Reed knows he has his work cut out filling Mario's spot in Texans' lineup," Houston Chronicle (October 11, 2011). Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- National Football League, Players, Brooks Reed. Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- Ledbetter, D. Orlando. "Report: Falcons expected to sign linebackers Brooks Reed, Justin Durant". http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Adams, Jay (March 10, 2015). "Falcons Agree to Terms with Four Players". AtlantaFalcons.com. Retrieved March 11, 2015.