|Type||Private (Subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway)|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, US|
|Key people||Jim Weber CEO |
|Products||Athletic shoes, clothing|
Brooks Sports, Inc. is an American running company that designs and markets high-performance men's and women's running shoes, apparel and accessories in more than 40 countries worldwide. Brooks is a market-driven company with a specialty dealer channel strategy focused entirely on meeting runners’ specific needs.
Brooks Sports, Inc. headquarters are located in Seattle, Washington, USA. Brooks was acquired by Russell Corporation in late 2004. On August 2, 2006 Russell officially announced its sale to Berkshire Hathaway. Jim Weber is the current CEO of Brooks Sports, Inc. In June 2013 Ernst & Young recognized Jim Weber as a Pacific Northwest Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award Recipient.
Brooks is the main sponsor of the Hansons-Brooks Distance Project and was also the exclusive uniforms provider of the Chile national football team. This relationship ended in 2010 when Puma signed a deal with the Chilean Football Federation until 2015.
Brooks Sports, Inc. was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1914 by Morris Goldenberg. The name Brooks was selected by Morris Goldenberg as an Anglicized substitute for his wife's maiden name of Bruchs.
Brooks originally produced bathing shoes in 1917 before moving into sports in the 1930s by producing baseball cleats in 1920 and football cleats in the 1930s. In 1979 the world champion Pittsburgh Pirates endorsed Brooks shoes. In 1984 quarterback Dan Marino endorsed Brooks athletic footwear.
The following teams and individuals wear uniforms supplied by Brooks:
- Mok Ying Ren (Singapore) - Double South-East Asian Games Gold Medalist for Triathlon (2007) and the Marathon (2013). Currently a medical doctor in Singapore's network of public hospitals.
- Wycombe Wanderers (1990-1992)
- Deportivo Magallanes (2009-2011)
- Queens Park Rangers (1991-1992)
- Everton de Viña del Mar (2007-2009)
- Coquimbo Unido (2007-2009)
- Reading (1992-1993)
- Brooks Sports profile - Bloomberg Businessweek
- Brooks LinkedIn Profile
- Pacific Northwest Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013 Honorees
- Puma y Chile hacen oficial su relación