|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Labels||Buena Vista Records
|Associated acts||Dolly Parton, Trace Cyrus, King Phaze|
|Members||Billy Ray Cyrus
Brother Clyde was an alternative rock musical supergroup, formed in 2009 by country music singer Billy Ray Cyrus. The band initially was to consist of Cyrus, Jeffrey Steele, John Waite and Phil Vassar. However, in June 2010, Cyrus announced a new line-up for the band, as well as the release of its debut single, "Lately." The group released its self-titled debut album on August 10, 2010.
Brother Clyde was formed in late 2009, when country music singer-songwriter Jeffrey Steele, pop singer John Waite, and country singer Phil Vassar recruited Billy Ray Cyrus into the band. The supergroup was announced through Cyrus' Twitter account, and reported on several music blogs.
However, in June 2010, Cyrus announced the new line-up for the band, excluding its three original members, which has led to some criticism due to the fact that the original members recruited Cyrus to the band, which has led some people in the music community to believe that Cyrus took control of the band. Cyrus also released information on their debut single, "Lately", as well as the upcoming release of its self-titled debut album, Brother Clyde.
"Lately" was released to radio on June 29, 2010, and the group's debut album was released on August 10, 2010, via Fontana Records. Cyrus produced the album himself, and wrote or co-wrote most of the songs with a "rock-n-roll attitude". The music video for "Lately" premiered on July 20, 2010. Cyrus also directed the music video.
- Billy Ray Cyrus (vocals, guitar; 2009–2010)
- Samantha Maloney (drums; 2010)
- Jamie Miller (guitar; 2010)
- Dan Knight (guitar; 2010)
- Dave Henning (bass; 2010)
|Title||Album details||Peak positions|
|2010||"Lately" (featuring King Phaze)||Brother Clyde|
|2010||"Lately"||Billy Ray Cyrus|
- Hackett, Vernell (April 16, 2009). "Steele, Vassar Recruit Cyrus for Supergroup". The Boot. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
- Bjorke, Matt (June 29, 2010). "Billy Ray Cyrus' Brother Clyde releases debut single". Roughstock. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
- "Sleaze Roxx: Former Motley Crue drummer joins forces with Billy Ray Cyrus". Sleaze Roxx. June 30, 2010. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
- Horner, Marianne (July 7, 2010). "Billy Ray Cyrus debuts Brother Clyde". The Boot. Retrieved July 9, 2010.
- Darden, Beville (July 20, 2010). "Brother Clyde, "Lately" - Exclusive Premiere". The Boot. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- "Billy Ray Cyrus on Lopez Tonight". disnology.com. July 31, 2010. Retrieved August 10, 2010.
- "Brother Clyde Album & Song Chart History - Heatseekers Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved July 25, 2011.