Brotherly Love (1995 TV series)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2011)|
|Created by||Jonathan Schmock
|Theme music composer||Joey Lawrence, Michael Price, Steve LaGassick, Steve Barri|
|Opening theme||"No Matter Where You Are", performed by Joey Lawrence|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||40 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jonathan Schmock
Paul Junger Witt
Gary S. Levine
|Camera setup||Videotape; Multi-camera|
|Running time||approx. 22 minutes (without commercials)
30 minutes (with commercials)
|Production company(s)||Witt/Thomas Productions
Touchstone Television (season 1)
Walt Disney Television (season 2)
|Original channel||NBC (1995-1996),
The WB (1996-1997)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original run||September 16, 1995– May 18, 1997|
Brotherly Love is an American sitcom that ran from September 16, 1995 to April 1, 1996, on NBC, and then moved to The WB, where it aired from September 15, 1996 until May 18, 1997. The series was created by Jonathan Schmock and Jim Vallely, and produced by Witt/Thomas Productions in association with Touchstone Television (season 1) and Walt Disney Television (season 2). The primary focus of the series is on the relationship of three brothers, played by Joey Lawrence, Matthew Lawrence, and Andrew Lawrence.
- Joseph "Joe" Roman (played by Joey Lawrence) — He is the oldest of the three brothers. He is a half-brother to Matt, and Andy. Claire is his stepmother. He is vain, cocky and arrogant at times, and thinks highly of himself, though he is a good person at heart. He is constantly fighting for the affection of Louise Davis. His brothers really look up to him as a role model. He was born on November 10, 1975 as revealed in the episode "Once Around The Block" making him 20 years old at the start of the series.
- Matthew "Matt" Roman (played by Matthew Lawrence) — He is 15 and is the middle child. He bows to peer pressure easily. He is also put down by his family with some of his doings as well. Matt was an absolute neat freak and germaphobe; at the age of one, he could change his own diaper, and he went through his entire childhood without ever catching the chickenpox. He loved washing the dishes and was known for other odd habits like making "Matt water" and folding his socks. He has a crush on Kristin. He sang twice, once in an angel costume singing the last two bars of "Silent Night" (A Roman Holiday), the other (Art Attack) when he played the guitar and sang a goofy tune called "Pigeon On Your Car" (written by Matthew Lawrence himself).
- Andrew "Andy" Roman (played by Andrew Lawrence) — He is the youngest. He is seen wearing a variety of costumes (including Wolverine and Spider-Man). He is a bundle of mischief and has a vivid imagination.
- Louise Davis (played by Liz Vassey) — She is a female mechanic who is seen going out with different men in a few episodes. She is an artist, even having crafted a ring for one of her suitors. She is always making sarcastic remarks to Joe from what he says about her.
- Claire Roman (played by Melinda Culea) — She is Joe's Stepmother, and the other two boys' birth mother. She is a take-charge kind of woman.
- Lloyd Burwell (played by Mike McShane) — A former Coast Guard for six years and occasional mechanic. He is overweight and is sometimes needy, but under his gruff exterior lies a sensitive, intelligent man. He used to go by the alias "The Masked Avenger", an alias he used to play pranks on Mr. Hangarter, a cruel drivers' education teacher.
- Kristin (played by Rebecca Herbst) — She used to attend house parties often, but now has cleaned up her act. She is one of Matt's best friends. She used to have a crush on Joe.
- Silent Jim (played by Karl David-Djerf) — He rarely speaks but when he does, Matt describes it as "something special". Instead of speaking he usually communicates with a laugh. He is a recurring cast member, although, he doesn't appear in many episodes.
- Lloyd's Mother (played by Estelle Getty, seen only in season two's "Motherly Love") — She lives in a trailer, and is part of the reason why Lloyd is so needy. She can do cartwheels despite her age. She also teaches the mambo.
|Season||Episodes||First air date||Last air date|
|1||16||September 16, 1995||April 1, 1996|
|2||24||September 15, 1996||May 18, 1997|
The show was first aired on NBC as part of its 1995-96 schedule and then switched to The WB for the beginning of its 1996-97 lineup. The show also aired in syndication on Disney Channel from 1998 until 2002. It has also previously aired on Family in Canada.
Awards and nominations
|1996||Young Artist Award||Nominated||Best Performance by a Young Actor||Matthew Lawrence|
|Best Performance by a Young Actress - Guest Starring Role||Lisa Rieffel|
|Best Performance by an Actor Under Ten||Andrew Lawrence|
|1997||Best Performance in a TV Comedy - Leading Young Actor|