Broward County Public Schools
|Broward County Public Schools|
"Educating Today's Students For Tomorrow's World"
|600 South East Third Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
|Grades||VPK to 12 (with adult education programs)|
|Enrollment||260,796 (September 2012)|
|Area||Broward County, Florida|
|Budget||$5.271 billion (2012-2013)|
Broward County Public Schools, a public school district serving Broward County, Florida, is the sixth largest public school system and the largest fully accredited school district in the United States , with over 260,000 students in more than 310 schools and education centers. The district is headquartered in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- District 1 - Ann Murray
- District 2 - Patricia Good (Vice-Chair)
- District 3 - Katherine Leach
- District 4 - Abby Freedman
- District 5 - Rosalind Osgood
- District 6 - Laurie Rich Levinson (Chair)
- District 7 - Nora Rupert
- At Large (Districtwide) - Donna Korn
- At Large (Districtwide) - Robin Bartleman
Schools in Broward County
During the 2008-2009 academic school year, the District served 255,738 students. The district covers a total of 286 institutions: 138 elementary schools, 43 middle schools, 33 high schools, 16 adult/vocational schools, 16 centers, and 56 charter schools.
- WBEC-TV (Broward Schools' educational channel)
- WKPX (Broward Schools' radio station)
- List of school districts in Florida
- "The History of Broward County Public Schools". Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "Robert Runcie, Superintendent of Schools". Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "Press Releases". Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- By The Numbers
- Contact Us. Broward County Public Schools. Retrieved on May 6, 2009.
- "The School Board of Broward County, Florida". Retrieved 2009-06-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Broward County Public Schools.|