Brownstown Township, Jackson County, Indiana
Location in Jackson County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||63.62 sq mi (164.8 km2)|
|• Land||62.72 sq mi (162.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.9 sq mi (2 km2) 1.41%|
|Elevation||551 ft (168 m)|
|• Density||88.5/sq mi (34.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453143|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 63.62 square miles (164.8 km2), of which 62.72 square miles (162.4 km2) (or 98.59%) is land and 0.9 square miles (2.3 km2) (or 1.41%) is water. The streams of Ballard Creek, Hough Creek, Kiper Creek, Spray Creek, West Branch White Creek and White Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Brownstown (the county seat)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Hamilton Township (northeast)
- Jackson Township (east)
- Washington Township (east)
- Grassy Fork Township (southeast)
- Carr Township (southwest)
- Driftwood Township (southwest)
- Owen Township (west)
- Pershing Township (northwest)
The township contains nine cemeteries: Burrell, Durland, Miller, Robertson, Saint Pauls, Smallwood, Wayman, Weathers and Woodmansee.
- "Brownstown Township, Jackson County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.