He was born the son of David and Juanita Beresford-Redman, he is called "age 38" in Feb 2011 (RadarOnline.com), he grew up in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey, and attended Pascack Hills High School with show co-creator Rick Hurvitz. He graduated from New College of Florida in Sarasota, Florida.
Beresford-Redman was a reality TV producer and a producer of the ubiquitous television franchise Survivor, who was involved in producing Pimp My Ride, a popular car makeover show on MTV. His career has been eclipsed by an investigation into his wife's death early in 2010 which led to him being charged by Mexican authorities who seek to extradite him to stand trial on charges that he killed his wife at a Cancun resort following repeated attempts to reconcile in an otherwise "poisonous" marital relationship.
Murder of Mónica Beresford-Redman
Later that day, he was detained and questioned by police as a person of interest in his wife's death. Beresford-Redman was released by police during the early morning hours of April 8 on the condition that he not leave Mexico while the investigation of Mónica's death continues. A witness at the hotel claims to have seen the couple arguing on April 4 and Beresford-Redman was reportedly seen with scratches on his body. Mónica Beresford-Redman's cause of death has been determined to be asphyxiation.
Beresford-Redman illegally left Mexico, as his passport had been retained in order to prevent him from leaving the country.
On April 9, 2010, The Los Angeles Times reported that Mónica had been strangled and her body dumped in a sewer near where the couple was staying.  On May 31, 2010, Mexico issued an arrest warrant on Beresford-Redman for the murder of his wife while Mexican prosecutors initiated extradition proceedings to return Beresford-Redman back to Mexico to be tried.
On November 29, 2010, a Los Angeles federal judge denied Beresford-Redman's request for bail.
On July 12, 2011, US magistrate Jacqueline Chooljian determined that Bruce Beresford-Redman should be sent to Mexico because there is enough circumstantial evidence to show probable cause he could have murdered his wife.
US prosecutors, who have reviewed the case made by Mexican authorities, believe there is enough evidence to show Beresford-Redman killed his wife for three reasons: collecting insurance money; getting sole custody of their children; and continuing an extramarital affair.
Subsequently, Beresford-Redman waived further appeals and was extradited to Mexico on February 8, 2012. The judge has found sufficient evidence that Beresford-Redman murdered his wife, and on February 15, 2012 ordered he remain in custody pending adjudication.
- Meisel, Melissa. "MTV's Tangerine-Flake, Streamline Baby, via New Jersey", The New York Times, June 26, 2005. Accessed August 2, 2007. " MTV's popular (and radical) car makeover show, which is just starting its second full season, was created by two Woodcliff Lake natives who never got over the culture of the high school parking lot. In 1989, Beresford-Redman drove a Cadillac hearse, while his buddy Rick Hurvitz piloted a 1972 lime-green Oldsmobile Delta 88. 'As far as we know, everybody appreciated the irony,' Beresford-Redman said of his Pascack Hills classmates in a recent e-mail exchange."
-  Sydney Morning Herald world news: "Death in Cancun: extradition papers detail poisonous relationship between Survivor producer and his wife," article by Corina Knoll, February 2, 2011
- "'Survivor' Producer 'Suspected' in Wife's Death in Mexico". Fox News. April 8, 2010.
- Castillo, E. Eduardo (2010-04-08). "TV producer a person of interest in wife’s death". MSNBC. Associated Press.
- Kate Linthicum; Cecila Sanchez (2010-04-08). "For reality TV producer and his family, Cancun trip ends in tragedy". Los Angeles Times.
- "Alor: No hubo flagrancia, por eso liberamos al productor de TV" (in Spanish). Diario de Yucatán. 2010-04-09. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "Mexico Issues Warrant for ex-'Survivor' Producer", MSNBC website (May 31, 2010)
- "Reality TV Producer Arrested in Wife's Mexico Death", CNN.com (November 16, 2010)
- "The damning evidence against Bruce Beresford-Redman”, La politica es la politica (February 24, 2012)