May 19, 1928 |
Brooklyn, New York, USA
|Occupation||Director, Producer, Writer|
|Spouse(s)||Mona Weichman (1955-1976; divorced; 2 children)
Renne Jarrett (1981-present)
Life and career
Bilson was born in Brooklyn, New York City, to Jewish parents. His mother, Hattie Bilson (née Dratwa), was an American screenwriter, and his father, George Bilson, was an English-born producer/writer/director. His brother Malcolm Bilson is a well-known fortepianist and long-time professor of piano at Cornell University.
Bilson married Mona Weichman on Aug. 31, 1955; they divorced in 1976. They had two children, Danny Bilson (born 1956), a director, and Julie. Bilson married Renne Jarrett in 1981.
- Pate Katelin en Buenos Aires (1969)
- The Wackiest Wagon Train in the West (1976)
- The North Avenue Irregulars (1979)
- Chattanooga Choo Choo (1984)
- Bruce Bilson at the Internet Movie Database
- Bruce Bilson interview video at the Archive of American Television
- Bruce Bilson at People.com