Bruce Eckel (born July 8, 1957) is the author of numerous books and articles about computer programming. He also gives frequent lectures and seminars for computer programmers. His best known works are Thinking in Java and Thinking in C++, aimed at programmers wanting to learn the Java or C++ programming languages, particularly those with little experience of object-oriented programming. Eckel was a founding member of the ANSI/ISO C++ standard committee. He has since made both the forementioned books available for all to download freely. However, his most recent book – the 4th edition of Thinking in Java – is no longer available in a free electronic form.
- Using C++, Bruce Eckel, 1989, ISBN 978-0-07-881522-5.
- C++ Inside & Out, Bruce Eckel, 1993, ISBN 978-0-07-881809-7.
- Blackbelt C++: The Masters Collection, Edited by Bruce Eckel, 1994, ISBN 978-1-55851-334-1.
- Thinking in C++: Introduction to Standard C++, Volume One (2nd Edition), 2000, Bruce Eckel, ISBN 978-0-13-979809-2. Available for free download 
- Thinking in C++, Vol. 2: Practical Programming, 2nd Edition, Bruce Eckel and Chuck Allison, Prentice-Hall PTR, 2003. ISBN 0-13-035313-2. Available for free download 
- Thinking in Java, 4th Edition, Bruce Eckel, Prentice-Hall PTR, 2006. ISBN 0-13-187248-6.
- "First Steps in Flex", Bruce Eckel and James Ward, MindView, Inc., 2008. ISBN 978‐0‐9818725‐0‐6.
- "Atomic Scala", Bruce Eckel and Dianne Marsh, Mindview, Inc., To be published April 2013. ISBN 978‐0‐9818725‐1-3.
Further reading 
External links