Bruce Hyde (actor)
|R. Bruce Hyde|
September 14, 1941 |
|Occupation||Actor, director, professor|
R. Bruce Hyde (born September 14, 1941) is an American actor and educator. He is currently a professor of communication studies at St. Cloud State University in Minnesota. He is best known for playing Lt. Kevin Riley in the original Star Trek series, having appeared in two episodes, "The Naked Time" and "The Conscience of the King".
Hyde attended Robert E. Lee Elementary School in Dallas, Texas. He earned his BA at Northwestern University in 1963, his MS at the University of North Texas in 1984, and his PhD at the University of Southern California in 1990.
After completing his undergraduate degree, Hyde spent several years as a professional actor, including appearances on Broadway and network television. He also served as Artistic Director for Theatre L’Homme Dieu, St. Cloud State's former summer theatre in Alexandria, Minn. Bruce is a member of the Actors' Equity Association. After being diagnosed with throat cancer in 2010 and surviving into remission, he retired from acting.
- Star Trek the Experience: The Klingon Encounter (1998) (uncredited) ... as Himself
- The Beverly Hillbillies
- episode "The Christmas Present" ... as Floorwalker
- Star Trek: The Original Series
- Vacation Playhouse
- episode "Frank Merriwell" ... as Binkie Stubbs
- Dr. Kildare
- episode "The Taste of Crow" ... as Dr. Jeff Brenner
- episode "What Happened to All the Sunshine and Roses?" ... as Dr. Jeff Brenner
- episode "A Patient Lost" ... as Dr. Jeff Brenner
- episode "The Encroachment" ... as Dr. Jeff Brenner
- The Trials of O'Brien
- episode "The Trouble with Archie" ... as Malcolm
- That Girl (1966)
- episode "Beware of Actors Bearing Gifts" as Hobart (an insecure young actor who tries to buy friends with his wealth)