||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (March 2010)|
Bruce Reitherman on stage during a presentation (date unknown)
September 15, 1955 |
Burbank, California, U.S.
|Parents||Wolfgang Reitherman (father)|
Life and work
Born in Burbank, California, Reitherman is the son of German-born Disney animator Wolfgang Reitherman, and provided the voices of Mowgli in The Jungle Book and Christopher Robin in Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree. After graduating from U.C. Berkeley in 1977 with an independent major in Natural Resources and a minor in Spanish, subsequent work experience included stints as a river guide, field biologist, naturalist, expedition leader and biological consultant. He has worked on natural history productions in exotic locations from Alaska to Australia. Starting out as a freelance cameraman in 1983, Reitherman has gone on to produce documentaries broadcast by PBS, National Geographic Television, The Discovery Channel, the BBC and Canal Plus. He served as cameraman, producer, writer and director, in the 1990s in shows like In the Wild, Nature, and Big Bear Week. He lives in Santa Barbara, California with his wife, artist Erika Hill, and their daughter Camilla.
- Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree (1966) (voice of Christopher Robin)
- The Jungle Book (1967) (voice of Mowgli)
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977) (voice of Christopher Robin in the Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree segment)
Director, Writer, Producer
- Bruce Reitherman at the Internet Movie Database
- Picture of young Bruce with his father during the production of The Jungle Book
|This American voice actor related article born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|