|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: BRKR|
|Founded||1960 in Germany|
|Founder(s)||Professor Günther Laukien|
|Headquarters||Billerica, Massachusetts, USA|
|Key people||Dr. Frank Laukien, President & CEO; William Knight, COO|
|Revenue||US$ 1.1 billion (2008)|
Bruker Corporation is a manufacturer of scientific instruments for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. It is headquartered in Billerica, Massachusetts and is the publicly traded parent company of Bruker Scientific Instruments (Bruker AXS, Bruker BioSpin, Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Optics) and Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies (BEST) divisions.
In April 2010, Bruker created a Chemical Analysis Division (headquartered in Fremont, CA) under the Bruker Daltonics subsidiary. This division contains three former Varian product lines: ICPMS systems, laboratory gas chromatography (GC), and GC-triple quadrupole mass spectrometer (originally designed by Bear Instruments and acquired by Varian in 2001).
In 2011 Bruker acquired Michrom Bioresources which expanded their liquid chromatography line.
In April 2012, Bruker acquired Skyscan, a leading provider of Micro-CT Systems for 3D X-Ray Imaging in Materials Research and Preclinical Studies. 
In 2013 Bruker acquired Prairie Technologies, a provider of life science fluorescent microscopy products.
Notable product use
Bruker products are used globally in a variety of situations. The National High Magnetic Field Laboratory at Florida State University selected Bruker to build the world's first 21.0 tesla FT-ICR MS.
In May, 2004, Frost & Sullivan selected the Company's Bruker Daltonics subsidiary for their 2004 Product Line Innovation Award for the Life Sciences. Bruker Daltonics received this award for its innovative development of sophisticated mass spectrometers.
- "bruker corp (BRKR:NASDAQ GS) last update February 29, 2012". Bloomsberg Businessweek. Retrieved July 29, 2012.
- "Bruker and Agilent Technologies Announce Agreement for Bruker to Acquire Certain Varian Inc. Product Lines". March 9, 2010. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Dunlap, Lloyd (April 2011). "Bruker acquires Michrom Bioresources". DDN-News. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Bruker to Acquire Carestream’s Preclinical In-vivo Imaging Business". September 21, 2012. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Bruker Acquires Skyscan MicroCT".
- "Bruker Announces Acquisition of Prairie Technologies". September 12, 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Bruker Daltonics Chosen to Build World’s First 21.0 Tesla FT-ICR Magnet". Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology News. October 29, 2010. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Toon, Geoffrey; Blavier, Jean-Francois; Washenfelder, Rebecca; Wunch, Debra; Keppel-Aleks, Gretchen; Wennberg, Paul; Connor, Brian; Sherlock, Vanessa; Griffith, David; Deutscher, Nick; Nothold, Justus (March 23, 2009). Total Column Carbon Observing Network (TCCON). Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Frost & Sullivan Presents 2004 Product Line Innovation Award to Bruker".
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|