||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2014)|
Bruno Bichir Nájera; (6 October 1967) is a Mexican actor. A member of the Bichir family who are of Lebanese descent, his parents, Alejandro Bichir and Maricruz Nájera, and two older brothers Odiseo and Demián Bichir, are all actors.
Life and career
Bruno was born in Mexico City. He started his acting career at the age of 16 in the film Under Fire, a United States production. Three years later he obtained a role in Frida, naturaleza viva, a film about the life of Frida Kahlo, he studied at the Centro de Capacitación Cinematográfica ("Center of Film Training") in Mexico City. He obtained roles in prominent films such as Rojo amanecer and in 1991 a role in El patrullero for which he would received his first of many nominations to the Ariel Award of the Mexican Academy of Film. In 1995, he starred as the love interest of the character played by the also Mexican actress Salma Hayek in El callejón de los milagros, a film of critical and financial success.
In television he acted on three telenovelas with Televisa before moving to TV Azteca in 1999 to star in Háblame de amor ("Talk to me about love"). The same year he produced and starred in the film Crónica de un desayuno ("A Breakfast Chronicle"), directed by Benjamin Cann for which he was nominated for the Ariel Award for Best Actor in 2001. That same year he obtained a role in the Spanish co-production of Sin noticias de Dios (Bendito infierno) starred by his brother Demián for which both were nominated for the Best Bichir in a movie at the MTV Movie Awards-Mexico. Demián obtained the award and the following year Bruno was nominated in the same category for Ciudades oscuras.
7 Ariel Awards, including:
- Best Actor
- Best Supporting Actor
MTV Movie Awards-Mexico
- Best Bichir in a Movie
- 2002 nomination for Ciudades oscuras
- 2001 nomination for Sin noticias de Dios (Bendito infierno)
- Best actor
- 1995, for El callejón de los milagros
- Julia (2008 film) as Diego
- Casa de los babys (2003) as Diómedes
- Death and the Compass (1992) as "drug addict II"
- Lucky Break (1992) as Vicente
- Under Fire (1983) as a boy at Jazy's house
- Otra película de huevos y un Pollo (2009)
- Una película de huevos (2006)
- El que come y canta (loco se levanta) (2006)
- La mujer de mi hermano (2005) as Boris
- El día menos pensado (2005)
- Conejo en la luna (2004) as Antonio (English title: Rabbit on the moon)
- Si un instante (2003) as Martín
- Ciudades oscuras (2002) as Satanás
- Sin noticias de Dios (Bendito infierno) (2001) as Eduardo
- Hasta los huesos (2001) (voice)
- La toma de la embajada (2000) as Ricardo Galán, Ambassador of Mexico
- La cosa que no podría morir (2000) as Hank Huston
- La máscara de Zorro (2000) as Alejandro Murrieta/Zorro
- Extraños (1999) as Kurt
- Crónica de un desayuno (1999) as Marcos
- El evangelio de las maravillas (1998) as Gavilán
- Ciudad que se escapa (1998) as Chato
- Cruz (1998/II)
- Katuwira, donde nacen y mueren los sueños (1996) as Nicolás
- El anzuelo (1996) as Carlos
- Pez muerto no nada (1996)
- Algunas nubes (1995) as Carlos Vargas
- El callejón de los milagros (1995) as Abel
- Santo Enredo (1995) (TV) as Wang Chong
- Espiritus (1995)
- Nadie hablará de nosotras cuando hayamos muerto (1995) as Mani
- El plato fuerte (1995)
- El jardín del Edén (1994) as Felipe
- Días de combate (1994) as Carlos Vargas
- Tu vida y mi vida (1994)
- Amorosos fantasmas (1994)
- Un año perdido (1993)
- Principio y fin (1993) as Nicolás Botero
- ¡Aquí espantan! (1993) as Pablo
- Serpientes y escaleras (1992) as Raúl
- Anatomia de una violación (1992)
- Cazador de cabezas (1992)
- Golpe de suerte (1992)
- El patrullero (1991) as Anibal
- Luna de miel al cuarto menguante (1990)
- Llueve otra vez (1989)
- Rojo amanecer (1989) as Sergio
- Frida, naturaleza viva (1986) as a young Sandinista
- El mural (2010)
- Amor en custodia (2005–2006) as Conrado
- La Heredera (2004) as Santiago
- La calle de las novias (2000) as Sergio
- Háblame de amor (1999) as Esteban
- La presencia de los libaneses en el cine mexicano. page 8
- La Prensa Grafica - “Soñaba con conducir un taxi en NY”
- Demián Bichir. El actor mexicano Demián Bichir aparece por primera vez en el listado de la categoría Mejor Actor de los premios Óscar 2012.
- México presente en los Oscares, Demián Bichir escogido candidato a Mejor Actor
- Biografía Demián Bichir
- Cuba deciderá ciclo a los hermanos Bichir
- El libanés Por: SERGIO SARMIENTO
- Bruno Bichir profile, biosstars-mx.com; accessed 17 July 2014.
- Bruno Bichir profile, alma-latina.net; accessed 17 July 2014.
- Bruno Bichir at the Internet Movie Database
- (Spanish) Bruno Bichir profile, cinemexicano.mty.itesm.mx; accessed 17 July 2014.
- (Spanish) Interview, altazorcafe.com; accessed 17 July 2014.
- (Spanish) Interview, esmas.com; accessed 17 July 2014.