Brunswick Pro Bowling
|Brunswick Pro Bowling|
|Developer(s)||Wii, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable
Point of View, Inc.
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS
(Europe & Australia)
|Release date(s)||Wii, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, iOS
Brunswick Pro Bowling is a video game developed by Point of View, Inc. and published by Crave Entertainment. The game features many Brunswick labeled products such as Brunswick bowling balls. This game was published on the Wii, PlayStation 2 (PS2) and PlayStation Portable (PSP) on August 28, 2007. A version for iOS was released in October 2009 but has since been removed. FarSight Studios developed versions of the game for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, which support the PlayStation Move and Kinect respectively. A version for the Nintendo 3DS was released on September 27, 2011.
The game has a free play mode, in which up to four players can play against each other in a match. In the career mode players work their way up from an amateur to professional bowler and a multiplayer mode lets up to four players compete against each other. The PSP version includes wireless multiplayer and additional character customization. The Wii version uses the Wii's tilt sensor to simulate a real swing.
Reception of Brunswick Pro Bowling has been mixed. Most critics praised the realistic physics of the game. However, others were annoyed by the fact that the Wii version has flaws with its controls. Players have complained that the on-screen bowler moves slowly and does not go with their own movements, therefore making the release confusing and shots hard. Reviewers did however, note there was some considerable depth if the player was to play longer. The Xbox 360 and PS3 version have also been poorly received due to flaws with the motion control.
- Bobby King (April 26, 2010). "PlayStation Move Developer Diary: Brunswick Pro Bowling". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- "‘Brunswick Pro Bowling’ Getting Natal Support". Multiplayerblog.mtv.com. 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- Dan Massi (March 9, 2010). "Some titles for Playstation Move". PlayStation.com. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- Jones, Scott, Sports Illustrated For Kids review
- Watters, Chris. "Brunswick Pro Bowling Review". Gamespot. Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- Birnbaum, Mark. "Brunswick Pro Bowling Review". IGN. Retrieved January 20, 2012.