Bryan–College Station metropolitan area
Common name: B/CS, Aggieland
|Largest city||College Station|
|Population||Ranked 192nd in the U.S.|
|– Density||1,597.5/sq. mi.
|Area||83.6 sq. mi.
|– Highest point||N/A feet (N/A m)|
|– Lowest point||N/A feet (N/A m)|
The Bryan–College Station metropolitan statistical area is a metropolitan area in the Brazos Valley region of Texas that covers three counties: Brazos, Burleson, and Robertson. The 2010 Census placed the population at 228,660.
The area's economic and social life is centered on Texas A&M University (located in College Station); thus, the area is popularly known as "Aggieland" (in reference to the nickname of Texas A&M University's sports teams, which is also used to refer to A&M students in general).
Places with more than 75,000 people
Places with 1,000 to 5,000 people
Places with fewer than 1,000 people
- New Baden
- Tidwell Prairie
As of the census of 2000, there were 184,885 people, 67,744 households, and 39,346 families residing within the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 63.71% White, 30.27% African American, 0.38% Native American, 3.33% Asian, 0.06% Pacific Islander, 8.30% from other races, and 1.95% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 17.32% of the population.
The median income for a household in the MSA was $30,339 and the median income for a family was $40,442. Males had a median income of $30,818 versus $21,951 for females. The per capita income for the MSA was $15,847.
- List of cities in Texas
- Texas census statistical areas
- List of Texas metropolitan areas
- Brazos Valley, the geographic region of Texas in which the area is located
- Texas Triangle
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- The City of College Station
- The City of Bryan
- Bryan/College Station Chamber of Commerce
- Bryan/College Station Convention and Visitors Bureau