||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
Bryan Gordon is an American television and film director, writer and producer. He has been nominated three times for the Directors Guild of America Award and, in 2002, received the DGA Award for Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series. He also been nominated for an Emmy twice – both for his work on the HBO series Curb Your Enthusiasm, which he directed numerous episodes over its entire run.
He's directed numerous pilots - among them One Tree Hill - setting the look and design for the long-running series. He directed and produced the TBS pilot The Wedding Band that premiered in 2012. Also in 2012, he directed the 30 for 30 documentary short for ESPN, "The Arnold Palmer", that was nominated for a Sports Emmy.
In 2009 and 2010, he directed and produced the series Party Down for the Starz Network, that starred Adam Scott, Ken Marino, Lizzy Caplan, Jane Lynch, Megan Mullally, Jennifer Coolidge, Martin Starr, and Ryan Hansen.
He started his career as a comedy writer on Fridays and as an independent filmmaker that included writing and directing the Academy Award winning short Ray’s Male Heterosexual Dance Hall and the feature film Pie in the Sky starring Anne Heche, John Goodman, and Josh Charles, as well as directing the film Career Opportunities.
- The Office (2005) TV Series
- episode 1.04 "The Alliance"
- episode 2.12 "The Injury"
- Jack & Bobby (2004) TV Series
- episode 1.09 "Lost Boys"
- One Tree Hill (2003) TV Series
- episode 1.01 "Pilot"
- The O'Keefes (2003) TV Series
- episode "Election"
- That Was Then (2002) TV Series
- Hidden Hills (2002) TV Series
- Do Over (2002) TV Series
- episode "Halloween Kiss"
- Andy Richter Controls the Universe (2002) TV Series
- episode 2.09 "Bully the Kid"
- Maybe It's Me (2001) TV Series
- Dead Last (2001) TV Series
- The Michael Richards Show (2000) TV Series
- Boston Public (2000) TV Series
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000) TV Series
- episode 1.09 "Affirmative Action"
- episode 2.06 "The Acupuncturist"
- episode 3.06 "The Special Section"
- episode 4.05 "The 5 Wood"
- episode 5.09 "The Korean Bookie"
- episode 6.05 "The Freak Book"
- episode 7.07 "The Black Swan"
- Gideon's Crossing (2000) TV Series
- M.Y.O.B. (2000) TV Series
- Freaks and Geeks (1999) TV Series
- episode "The Garage Door"
- episode "Tricks and Treats"
- The West Wing (1999) TV Series
- episode 2.17 "The Stackhouse Filibuster"
- Action (1999) TV Series
- Sports Night (1998) TV Series
- episode "Draft Day: Part I - It Can't Rain at Indian Wells"
- Ally McBeal (1997) TV Series
- Pie in the Sky (1996)
- Bakersfield, P.D. (1993) TV Series
- Career Opportunities (1991)
- The Wonder Years (1988) TV Series
- episode "Dinner Out"
- episode "Politics as Usual"
- Ray's Male Heterosexual Dance Hall (1987)
- Sour Grapes (1998) .... Doug
- Corrina, Corrina (1994) .... Business Associate
- Amazing Stories: Book Five (1992).... Father (segment "Fine Tuning")
- The Seeding of Sarah Burns (1979) (TV) .... Roger Deems
- Panic in Echo Park (1977) (TV)
- The Edge of Night (1956) TV Series .... Ewell (1975)
- "DGA Announces Winners of 2002 Outstanding Directorial Achievement Awards & Recipients of DGA 2003 Special Recognition Awards". Directors Guild of America. 2 March 2003. Retrieved 8 October 2014.